Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

remove and replace inside drivers door handle actuator mechanism resul

yesterday i removed and replaced the inside drivers door handle actuator components on my 2007 cab.

the door handle components stuff R&R went smooth enough, but the following is what happened (didn't happen) when i was done.

i did disconnect the battery negative lead for starters.

upon removing the inner door panel i also disconnected the stereo speaker module and power window module (the gray module with the yellow locking lever).

the drivers door window was up during the R&R

i R&Red the handle mechanism and put everything back together,,,i reconnected the battery negative lead and heard the drivers door window go down a bit (about a half inch).

when i started the car i got a "PSM failure" warning on the dash as well as "sport mode failure",,,the two power window switches on the drivers door did not activate either the drivers door window nor the passengers door window and the power mirror button did not actuate the outside mirrors (the passengers door window does work using that door's switch),

the convertible top does open and close and when opening it caused the all four windows to go down but when closed it did not raise the drivers door window.

i checked all the fuses for the affected systems and they all look fine.

when reconnecting the power window module (the gray module with the yellow locking lever) could i have installed that upside down?  is that possible or is that the type of module that can only be installed one way (one would think so, but i never know for sure,,,)

any ideas on what i should do/check next?

thanks in advance for any help/guidance,much appreciated

KJS

You will get as expected all the various fault codes PSM, Sport mode etc that will come back after a first drive and running through the reset procedure that used to be on this site (unsure if it still is-Loren?) but I would be concerned about the lack of window operation. I suggest you may have not connected or fully connected one of the plugs in the modules, or did you do anything to the plug/socket in the A pillar? My guess is the former. Hope you find it!

thank you, Sir,,,you were correct, i had not fully seated the power window module into its receptacle,,,when i did that the windows and mirrors worked as they should,,,i still have the fault/warnings for the PSM and Sportmode,,,,not sure what the reset procedure is,,help with that would be appreciated!

thank you again (at least now with the windows up i can drive around in inclement weather)!

KJS

I would love to, however I believe this now falls under the copyright rules and as such I can not post it. However, set your windows/roof as per the drivers manual supplied with your car. Then ignition on, do NOT start, leave on for 30 seconds and throttle will reset then go for a drive doing a left turn then a right turn then straight on before driving off. All should be OK.

apologies to Lauren if this is unacceptable, but it is in my own words!

Edited by jl-c