Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCMs use of cellular data? Verizon okay?

I was looking at a 2012 Cayenne today.  I was trying to get an understanding of what features are available if you have put a cellular SIM card in the slot.   I  am assuming of course that with a SIM inserted you can have a phone without bluetooth pairing.  But does the cayenne use/need cellular data for anything?  It seems like in this is model traffic data comes in via satellite radio.  

Also, is Verizon allowed, they use a CDMA network that is a bit different then most GSM providers like ATT or Tmobile.  I know in my older Cayenne Verizon wasnt supported at al

If you have a cell phone - you can simply ignore the SIM card slot and just bluetooth your phone to the Cayenne. That's the simplest way. The Cayenne doesn't use the internal phone guts for anything - the traffic info is over Sirius/XM and costs you about $9/month (more if you want entertainment.. but they do respond to dickering..)  The Bluetooth is depending on your phone - not the carrier. My Verizon phones seem to hook up just fine.