Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Why My Steering Wheel Crest is no red??

• Moderators

The 2000 S had a silver crest. Don't know what you mean by gold and black. In a prior post you said you have a 1999 2.5 which came with a 4 spoke steering wheel unless you got the sport design option. Looks like someone put a different wheel on your car.

The 2000 S had a silver crest.  Don't know what you mean by gold and black.  In a prior post you said you have a 1999 2.5 which came with a 4 spoke steering wheel unless you got the sport design option.  Looks like someone put a different wheel on your car.

No, my 986 is that!! thats is my steering wheel

here you have other pic...!!

steering2.jpg

Are you are just noticing this after 6 years (if it is a 99)??? Unless you bought the car new, then that airbag was added by the previous owner and makes this a moot point. To get a different color airbag you will need to order a new airbag unit and specify what crest you want (silver, gold, etc).

By the way, ease up on the yelling. You asked for help...just calm down a bit.

That is not a good picture so I do not know what you have.  Is that crest glued onto another crest.

This is what we call the silver crest used for 2000.  Actually it is silver and black.

excuse me, no intention to ¡¡......!! :)

My boxster is equipped with 436 option code.

I only want to know if this crest is usually or not, and If I can change to color crest.

Sorry for pics, I dont have any other for close up. Crest is gold and black, I hope you see.

Regards.

436 is the option code for a 3 spoke steering wheel, so that I guess that is why you have it on a 2.5.

What country are you in?

Here is the normal colored crest from ebay.

what you mean is a 2.5 is equipped 4 spoke steering wheel by factory?

I am from Spain, but car is from Germany. Can I change only the crest, or is there to change the whole steering wheel? :(

Regards.

Edited by valcax

No need to change the entire wheel assembly, just the airbag unit (still pricey though). Some people have bought replacement aftermarket crests for about $50 that have double sided tape that they just stick over the old one. Bad idea thogh since it is NOT bolted to the bag and then becomes a projectile in the case of an accident when the airbag is discharged.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...