Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need advice on key circuit board

Hello all,
I am a long time lurker in this Forum and always read the forum to solve the problems in MY05 Cayenne S.

First of all, I appreciate all members topics on this Forum, since they already helped me in the past.

Sadly, two months ago, I got hit by a car while my car was parked. (repair that I am doing on my own, and will need help) 
When the transportation company took it to the dealer, apparently they let the keys fall to the floor and I start hearing a tickling noise inside the key fob and when pressing the buttons, the led starts blinking fast and doesn't operate correctly. 
I guess there is some condenser or resistor missing here. However, since I cannot find any reference to which one to use, can someone here who already performed this, give me a help?

Regarding the first button being different from the oem one, I have already changed it after malfunction. 

Greatly appreciate,
Cheers from Porto

PhotoEditor-1488555826660.jpg

Edited by Dennes33
gramatical mistake

I've attached a picture of the whole circuit board / circuit card which, compared with your photo suggests your surface-mounted device (SMD) is missing - but the detail of my picture is not good enough to see the SMD value.  If you still have the SMD that fell off, then look to see if it has numbers printed on the brown / grey ceramic (the middle bit). If you can find these numbers, an internet search should get you the SMD value or PM me & I'll try & get that for you.

I have another thought though.

Looking at your photo & the state of the solder pads, I have to say that there is very little evidence to suggest there was ever an SMD fitted in this location. The solder pads look too curved for there to have been an SMD mounted on them. Are you 100% sure you are missing an SMD from this location? If you are, all I can say it that the SMD that fell off was never soldered on correctly from new - probably why it fell off.

KN key caa .jpg

Edited by Loren
made image viewable here