Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I just got this 97 Boxster I love it, but I noticed a few minor issues. 1) The Air Dam is Loose on one side, 2) The mesh piece that goes in the Roll bar where your head has broken tabs, 3) The small Amber  Headlight Corner Trim  that is triangular flew off on the drivers side 4) The Radio needs a code and the airbag light is on due to the battery dying before I came to get it. (It starts fine now after a jump) 

97 Boxster 986 

52528689_10156304738763869_6360892311072669696_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update:
After replacing the missing Amber Trim I glue it down at the fin not the clips with Loctite plastic bonder. I had already glued the one I snapped off while changing the headlight on the other side at three points (It's fin was gone thanks to manhandling it). It has yet to come off btw. For the air-dam spoiler I noticed three "Expanding Rivet 5,0 X 11,5 99950749940" I believe that hold the trim on after inspecting one I realized it was not coming out by prying it. I attempted to tighten the barcket as best I could with the trim in place on the loose passenger side of the bracket (986 504 613 01 Item #4) this is the Allen bolt (item #6). It appears the institution of a pop rivet may protect the trim from leaving the bracket at high speed, but may  prevent removal of the trim should I need to make adjustments or disassembly at another time. For now I will experiment with both solution before removing it to properly tighten the boot. I certainly want to have more options with the remaining plastic rivets. While I have made a temp fix, I have caused the driver's side not to come down flush with the body The final problem is the Airbag light. I replaced the battery with a Optima brand. I was getting a low voltage for the airbag system. I am not sure if this will help the computer to revert back to the indicator turning off or not, but the guys near me said they will assist me it that does not occur. I am waiting for the tool to remove the radio to get the code so I can use the radio. That is it for now. It might be worth mentioning my tiny ratchet did not do the trick as I expected. There is simply very little clearance or play for tightening. 

Edited by ninedragons986

• 1 month later...