Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

A little map update help please......

so I went to the local dealer to inquire on the above - updating to the latest version available for by 2006.  They gave me a part no. of 997.044.904.51.  But they could not tell me if it would work with my system or if there had been any significant updates to the cd since the one I now have - see picture.  Ive read that one must have the latest "B" version software for the 2.1 version.  But if I am reading correctly, I now have SW Version 3.....

Questions - can anyone please tell me the latest cd map version part no. for my model?

am I okay to use the latest cd without anymore updates - am I "current" for the latest map update cd?    Tks much.  I checked with the service writer and am still waiting.  They are stumped for some reason .  

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2668 copy.jpg

The latest USA map for PCM2.1 is indeed 997.044.904.51, which is mid-2015.  Because you are running the 2013 map, your system must have been updated in the past, so the new map disk would be plug & play.

PCM version 5024AD1 is software level B.  You may also have read that there is a Level C update, which yours must have had.  However, when you update from Level B to Level C, it only updates the Navigation Drive, not the PCM head unit.  If you view the software version for Navigation, it should show Actual:00179436, which is Level C for the Navigation drive.

Thanks Richard!  Actually I never did hear back from the dealer.....  Last question - as the latest cd update shows 2015, is there any way to tell if there might be another worth waiting for coming out sooner?  Rgds

It is anyone's guess, I'm afraid.  They used to release updates every two years or so, but these systems are up to 14 years old, so I guess they will stop supporting it at some point.  The updates are seldom up to date anyway.  If you put your DVD in a PC and check out the database file dates, they will likely be older than 2013.

• 9 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, WTL said:

Thanks Richard!  Actually I never did hear back from the dealer.....  Last question - as the latest cd update shows 2015, is there any way to tell if there might be another worth waiting for coming out sooner?  Rgds

WTL - were you able to find the ...904.51 nav disk?  If so, thru who?  I've the PCM 2.1 but a old nav version. Would you part with your ...903.51?

I got it through the dealer.  Kinda expensive but they let me use 100.00 off coupon.  Im going to keep the old one bc the new one is acting strange - there is lag in the map when the car moves and the lettering / font is hard to read at night.  Im sorry i did the update and im gong to look in going back to the older one when i have time.  The map also seems to "jiggle" when moving.....  Drag.

WTL: How much was it and how long ago?  When I asked my local dealer they stated they could no longer get a copy.  I called Navtech and they said they no longer provide support and have no discs available.

5 hours ago, Scott- said:

WTL: How much was it and how long ago?  When I asked my local dealer they stated they could no longer get a copy.  I called Navtech and they said they no longer provide support and have no discs available.

Oct this year.  From the dealer.  Pelican shows them too:  

WWW.PELICANPARTS.COM

Genuine Porsche SOFTWARE UPDATE PCM2 $327.75. Call (888)280-7799. May Qualify For FREE SHIPPING. Parts# 997 044 904 51 997-044-904-51 997.044.904.51 99704490451.

327.00$

On 3/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, WTL said:

WTL - were you able to find the ...904.51 nav disk?  If so, thru who?  I've the PCM 2.1 but a old nav version. Would you part with your ...903.51?