Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Airbag Deactivation switch

I am selling my Porsche "Zoom" car seat as my son no longer needs it. I have a 2003 996 cab and was wondering if anyone knew if the airbag deactivation switch from my 996 would fit a 986 (99 to 2003) Also, is the switch something I can remove ( Irealize the dealer has to turn it on and off but if its simple I could just pull it myself)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bruce

It is a very small world. That is my auction. Thanks for the info ToolPants. You are always very helpful. Is removal of the bar from my 996 something I can do (moderate skills and tools) or should I take it to my dealer?

Thanks Again,

Bruce

• Moderators

The Pelican guy was not sure if you had the deactivation bar that bolts to the front seat rails, or just the child seat.

You can unbolt the bar if you have it. You should use the E12 female torx socket if you have it. The bolts are a bit longer because of the thickness of the bar. You should include the longer bolts. Then find out what happened to your original bolts, or buy new ones.

There is also a 2 wire electrical connector to disconnect.

The new owner will then have to have the air bag system programmed to tell it the bar is there and to disable the air bags when it is buckled.

I have no clue if you need to do the same once the bar is removed. Not my pic.

post-4-1118123854_thumb.jpg

I have no clue if you need to do the same once the bar is removed.

Yes, when the electrical connection between the bar and the harness under the pax seat is unplugged, the central computer will register a fault. The PST2 can then be used to tell your car that you do not have the deactivation bar installed.

Kim

• 11 months later...
I am selling my Porsche "Zoom" car seat as my son no longer needs it. I have a 2003 996 cab and was wondering if anyone knew if the airbag deactivation switch from my 996 would fit a 986 (99 to 2003) Also, is the switch something I can remove ( Irealize the dealer has to turn it on and off but if its simple I could just pull it myself)

Bruce

Bruce

Hi Bruce

Re your Porsche zoom child car seat for sale.First is the seat still for sale?,and also can you tell me if this seat will fit the rear seats in my car.I have a 2001 996 C4 coupe.

Many thanks

Andrew

Re your Porsche zoom child car seat for sale.First is the seat still for sale?,and also can you tell me if this seat will fit the rear seats in my car.I have a 2001 996 C4 coupe.

Over on Rennlist, there is a recent thread revealing 2 websites selling the Britax equivalent of the Zoom seat for as low as $59.00. This is, of course, without the airbag deactivation kit .... but, if you're going to place the seat in the rear, then you don't need the kit anyway.