Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi everyone!

New owner of a cayenne S 2005. 

I've been reading all the threads about faulty park assists, but none seems to fit my symptoms. 

When i press the park assist Button on the cieling and it turns yellow, the park assist is all black, (off?) When i press again and the yellow light turns off (on?) i get two red lines  on each side of the park monitor. They are also there when going slowly forward. 

I did a check with my icarsoft POR2 device and it reads that my power supply for parking sensors not working, it also writes out all 12 sensors indivdually as non working. I find it hard to believe they are all broken. 

Fuses are good. The park assist module looked nice and dry (Maybe broken anyway?)

Where do you think i should start looking to get my park assist working? Is there any harness or connection that might have come loose? Ive heard a lot of good things about the park assist and want to have it working! 🙂 

Thanks in advance! 

I had the same problem as you, all connectors were checked and cleaned, still not working so I had to replace all the front and rear sensors in the end and it is now working perfectly!

These are the sensors I bought from eBay

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

VW Phaeton 3D_ [2002-2016] Saloon. VW Touareg 7P5 [2010-2018] SUV. VW Touareg 7LA, 7L6, 7L7 [2002-2010] SUV. Porsche Cayenne 9PA [2002-2010] SUV. Porsche Cayenne 955 [2002-2010] SUV. Remarks: Sensor type:...

1 hour ago, erikande85 said:

Great! Mine will arrive today so i will fit them this weekend. Looked at one of the rear ones ner the exhuast and that one looked really trashed, so hopefully changing them will do the trick!

The rear ones near the exhausts are the first to not work from what I've read here on the forum.

Did you buy the ones of eBay that I bought?

Hopefully they will do the trick.

A little update: 

I started changing the outer sensors but still weren’t getting any results. I was going to change them all over the weekend but stumbled upon a YouTube video where a mechanic said he had never needed to change any sensors ever and the way he fixes them is he sprays a little WD-40 straight onto each sensor from the outside and then wipes them off. 

I did did this and immediately front sensors started working. And after letting it sit over night, all of them are working!

so if anyone finds this thread with faulty park assist, try spraying a little wd 40 on each sensor and wait. Wd-40 drives out all the moisture from the sensors, which I guess is the secret sauce to this wizardry!

2 hours ago, erikande85 said:

A little update: 

I started changing the outer sensors but still weren’t getting any results. I was going to change them all over the weekend but stumbled upon a YouTube video where a mechanic said he had never needed to change any sensors ever and the way he fixes them is he sprays a little WD-40 straight onto each sensor from the outside and then wipes them off. 

I did did this and immediately front sensors started working. And after letting it sit over night, all of them are working!

so if anyone finds this thread with faulty park assist, try spraying a little wd 40 on each sensor and wait. Wd-40 drives out all the moisture from the sensors, which I guess is the secret sauce to this wizardry!

Thanks for the heads up, will file that one away for future reference.