Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Removal of manifold bolt - Drilled in too far

Hi Folks. 
I purchased a stomski SR067 jig recently to remove the sheared exhaust bolts on my Porsche 996. 
I find the kit very good and have most of the 12 sheared bolts removed at this stage. 
However, due to no fault of the jig, I managed to drill in too far on one bolt. 
I had the drill bit marked but changed to another unmarked one and went in too far. 
This has now resulted in the oil leaking from the engine into the stud location. I have it taped and threaded for an 8 mm bolt or stud. 

So my question- I am asking here as I am sure someone has seen this before.
What can I do to stop this oil leak - options. 
  1.  Put in a stud with loads of loctite on it. 
  2. Put in a 10mm long grub screw with loctite on it to tho and block and seal the hole.
Don’t know if these will work but I would appreciate you thoughts or products etc etc you may have that will sort this issue for me. .

The stud location from the back of the car is on the left and nearest to the back - end stud 

I would really  appreciate your help on this matter

Regards & thanks

I think you are going to have to experiment with sealants.  Has to both be oil resistant and handle the exhaust temperatures.  I think the idea of a stud is a good one to try.  Maybe a stud and some sealant on the threads like this would work: 

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Edited by DBJoe996