Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I've searched several forums with little relevant info.

My recently-purchased CTT has the chassis failure message displayed. It currently sits on the bump stops like a low ridrer. A friend with a shop equipped with a Snap-On scanner wasn't able to activate the compressor, though we could see there was no pressure in the struts.

I did replace the battery as there were a multitude of codes related to low voltage.

I took it to an import shop which reputedly has Porsche experience ( and one owner has a 911 Cab) but they say they lack the diagnostic capability to address this car.

Some posts here indicate the cold is the problem, but as this particular unit was originally sold in Canada, I'm leery of that answer. 

Other posts indicate problems with valve blocks, and even compressors. 

Can anyone point me in a direction to explore before I just take it to the nearest dealer (220 miles away BTW) and start throwing thousand dollar bills at it?

Today I was able to hook up to the Durametric after replacing the driver's side dash fuse.

It showed no codes on the PDCC, and raised to Sport height. So I took it for a drive. After a few miles, I tried raising to Normal height, and it did. I briefly got a "PDCC Failure" warning, but it disappeared and hasn't returned--so far. I'll drive more Monday to make certain all is well.

I have the pleasure of dealing with suspension problems on my 2011 Cayenne turbo.  I learned a lot about this system through trial and error.  I will give you the highlights of what I know....  When it will not inflate it is obviously due to lack of pressure.  This system uses nitrogen.  If you fill with nitrogen it will fix your problem at least for a little while.  You probably have a leak somewhere and it has caused the compressor to go bad.  I borrowed a friends nitrogen bottle and purchased some parts from Porsche and snap on and bought an adaptor from a hydraulic shop and used an AUTEL scanner (pro grade that will calibrate suspension) to do a fill.  After filling I sprayed the struts one at a time to figure out where my leak was.  I had a leaky left front strut.  I replaced both front struts and the compressor and filled with nitrogen and the car has been good for about 2 years.  A Porsche expert diagnosed the car for me as just needing the compressor and he was happy to replace for about $4000.  I said no thank you and fixed myself after paying for his diagnosis which was only partially correct.  I hope this helps.

Thank you for your insight!

I know the RR is leaking. I don't believe the compressor has died--yet.

Today I found the answer to the low power steering fluid level when I put it on my lift. The pump is leaking like a sieve. So there's about $1500. 

This is becoming expensive, but it's such a great vehicle, I'm hoping it will be worthwhile to fix. Perhaps I can get another 100k out of it like my 540i.

• 4 weeks later...

The PDCC failure warning became a power steering pump replacement as both systems are driven by it.

That was not a fun job.

Then I discovered there is a leak in the rear end which is dumping that lovely, cheap, CHF all over my shop.

And...the suspension will not pressurize. So, I believe you are correct that I both have a leak, and the compressor has died.

More to come.