Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Litronics for 2000 996?

Can litonics be installed on 2000 996? I noticed the shape of the whole light is different for 996 model 2001 + in the front where it dips into the bumper. Im thinking swaping the currents stock lights for the litronics and changing the front bumper anyways to somthing a bit more sportier. Any ideas suggestions or good pricing for the litronic set for that YM. Thanks

• Moderators

The shape of the 996 headlights changed in model year 2002, so if you want to use those headlights on your 2000 then you have to change the fenders and bumper cover.

There is a litronic retrofit kit for you year but the shape of the headlights is what your halogens looks like.

thanks. is the litonics that you talk about for the 2000 OEM?

The shape of the 996 headlights changed in model year 2002, so if you want to use those headlights on your 2000 then you have to change the fenders and bumper cover.

There is a litronic retrofit kit for you year but the shape of the headlights is what your halogens looks like.

Sure is!!!! One of the best colors ever produced. Can't tell you (since I am sure you experience the same) but I get so many people come up to me and ask what color it is since it is so beautiful. Just a very classy looking color for the car.

'tis a stunning color! Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I've always loved Arena Red since I first saw it on a 993 turbo.

I too have the factory lits on my 2000. One worthy upgrade IMHO, but quite expensive.

I paid $1095 shipped from B-Wine about a year and a half ago on an eBay auction they had at $1095 buy it now and shipping included. Funny thing is the day before the auction posted I called them to inquire about the litronics and they wanted $1500 plus shipping. Thought that seemed high. Funny how things work out. One thing about the litronics though. They are very popular amongst the theifs in certain parts of the country so be VERY CAREFUL if you decide to buys used (cough....I mean stolen) on eBay. Don't want to bring that bad karma on yourself.

BTW, thanks for the compliment Chronos. :cheers:

Dell,

Very nice. Two questions: The bumper color looks different to the fenders and bonnet. The reason I ask is that you can see in my pic the difference in color. Also, are they O2 5 spoke wheel 18''? I've always liked them. Did they just fit straight on or did you have to add a spacer or make any adjustments?

Thanks Jason

P.S. I couldn't see the cost of the GT3 bumper...?

I bought the GT3 bumper for $1500 from B-Wine about a year or so ago at the same time I bought my side skirts and PSE from them. I have seen them on eBay from a vendor for about $900 but not sure if it is factory or aftermarket fiberglass.

The wheels are the 02+ lightweights and they are the EXACT size and offsets that go on the car..... 8x18 50et up front and 10x18 et65 in back. 225 in front and 285 in rear.

As for the color it may be the clear bra reflects light different than the non clear bra hood and fenders. But there is absolutely no different shades of color. Just crappy photography on my part.