Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

987s around a track against a stock car with 75 more hp

this is rare but a stock black boxster S and the guy looks like he was trying hard to overtake him but he couldn't although he had 75 hp over him... making him around the 350 range... maybe it's an M3? I wonder how a M3 would run against a 987 s but M3 has the SMG which is touted to be one of the best sequential pioneers.

Alternatively, another car which I would definitely be interested to watch a video on chasing around a boxster s or other way around a 987s chasing around a M3 and or SLK 55 AMG. The 55 AMG for sure is like way ahead of a 987s with a 5.5 L V8 churning out 300+ hp but that was what I drove for a while before. I don't think I will ever miss it but the 55 AMG still feels very much like a softie but it can definitely win in a drag race but running around the hills or curves, I don't think it will have too much of an advantage over the 987s. There was a video comparison made by Top Gear between boxster s and SLK 55 but the 987s definitely handles better. I am sure 987s would have no problem doing a few rounds on the R171 slk 350 but it would be fun to watch it head to head against some muscle cars like M3 or 55 AMG. What do you guys think?

Just found this: here are some times around Hockenheim track by German Sport Auto mag :

Mercedes SLK55AMG 1.17,1min

Porsche Boxster(240hp,PASM,18") 1.17,4min

Porsche Cayman S(295hp,PASM,18")1.15,5min

1:15.7 --- 123.646 km/h - Porsche Boxster S (2005), 280hp/1406kg (sport auto 12/04)

this is rare but a stock black boxster S and the guy looks like he was trying hard to overtake him but he couldn't although he had 75 hp over him... making him around the 350 range... maybe it's an M3? I wonder how a M3 would run against a 987 s but M3 has the SMG which is touted to be one of the best sequential pioneers.

Alternatively, another car which I would definitely be interested to watch a video on chasing around a boxster s or other way around a 987s chasing around a M3 and or SLK 55 AMG. The 55 AMG for sure is like way ahead of a 987s with a 5.5 L V8 churning out 300+ hp but that was what I drove for a while before. I don't think I will ever miss it but the 55 AMG still feels very much like a softie but it can definitely win in a drag race but running around the hills or curves, I don't think it will have too much of an advantage over the 987s. There was a video comparison made by Top Gear between boxster s and SLK 55 but the 987s definitely handles better. I am sure 987s would have no problem doing a few rounds on the R171 slk 350 but it would be fun to watch it head to head against some muscle cars like M3 or 55 AMG. What do you guys think?

I was also guessing this was an M3 but can't explain the T-tops. The taping car WAS NOT trying to overtake the Boxster, he was trying to film the Boxster. The notes for this movie indicate the driver/car that was doing the filming was capable of a 3 second faster lap time.

IMO the Boxster was more capable in the corner, but the driver was less capable. The video car seemed to have a better line on a few of the corners as well as obviously more horsepower. The interesting overtaking I noted was the duck tail 911 that got eaten by the Boxster. In my (limited) personal experience, it is the rare stock pre-993 Carrera that can stay ahead of my Boxster S in the twisties.

As the link doesn't seem to go to a particular video I'm not sure which one we are talking about....... but I've seen a video on there before with a black 987s being followed (and taped) by a Corvette...... is that the one?