Jump to content

The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hardtop parts required

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, and probably Loren in particular,

I need to replace a part for my cabriolet's hardtop and am having trouble identifying the part to show to the guys so I can re-order it. Basically, it is the small plastic washer/wedges that fit between the car and the hardtop cover. They are made out of that same plastic material as the locking latch cover between the front sun visors. They appear intended to protect the car from the hardtop while the hardtop is resting in place (the screw down bolts that fit into the car would rest on these plastic washer things). They are rectangularish shaped, from memory about 2 in x 1.5 in, and have a hole in the middle about the size of a silver dollar. The screw-type locking mechanisms by the pop-up roll-bars go right through these little guys to protect the fabric.

Anyway, if any of you know the part number on the diagram, or better yet, have a photograph of one of these little things, I'd really appreciate it so I can better explain it to the parts guy.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.