Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

AWE Tuning Exhaust - User Feedback

I am considering getting the AWE Tuning Exhaust System (headers/mufflers/tips only) on my 06 997 C4 Tip. Has anyone installed one of their exhausts? After talking with Garret Lim at GIAC, he mentioned this is what he has on his TT and that it's very close to stock in idle and partial load but all business with the throttle open. A little bit on the $$$ side and I want to find out if it's worth the extra cash. They claim +39 crank hp, +31 crank tq with full system (incl cats) on the 997S.

Would love to hear any experiences people have had with these systems.

Their site: http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/porsche/index.cfm

video/sound files/images/dynos on site.

Edited by albonya

I am considering getting the AWE Tuning Exhaust System (headers/mufflers/tips only) on my 06 997 C4 Tip. Has anyone installed one of their exhausts? After talking with Garret Lim at GIAC, he mentioned this is what he has on his TT and that it's very close to stock in idle and partial load but all business with the throttle open. A little bit on the $$$ side and I want to find out if it's worth the extra cash. They claim +39 crank hp, +31 crank tq with full system (incl cats) on the 997S.

I can't give you any advice on AWE's products but I can tell you that they really do lot's of research and developments.

I am a member of the PCA Riesentoter region so as Todd from AWE. I always see Todd testing new products on the track. They also have a dyno at their shop.

I personally have a lot of confidence in AWE's product even though I don't have any of them because I can't afford them. If I got the money to do mods, AWE's products will be my first choice.

Kam

>>>I can't give you any advice on AWE's products but I can tell you that they really do lot's of research and developments.

I am a member of the PCA Riesentoter region so as Todd from AWE. I always see Todd testing new products on the track. They also have a dyno at their shop.

I personally have a lot of confidence in AWE's product even though I don't have any of them because I can't afford them. If I got the money to do mods, AWE's products will be my first choice.<<<

Thanks Kam. Jeff Moss at Torque Factory out here pretty much said the same thing. I'm kind of torn between the AWE system and the Gemballa Powerkit exhaust (the sound is killer but I can't seem to find any pricing info for it which would be helpful).

that +39 at the wheels AWE is claiming is on the 997S only. They were talking 20-25 with the 997 but haven't released that system yet since they are working on tips for it (at least that's what I was told).

Edited by albonya

>>>I can't give you any advice on AWE's products but I can tell you that they really do lot's of research and developments.

I personally have a lot of confidence in AWE's product even though I don't have any of them because I can't afford them. If I got the money to do mods, AWE's products will be my first choice.<<<

Thanks Kam. Jeff Moss at Torque Factory out here pretty much said the same thing. I'm kind of torn between the AWE system and the Gemballa Powerkit exhaust (the sound is killer but I can't seem to find any pricing info for it which would be helpful).

that +39 at the wheels AWE is claiming is on the 997S only. They were talking 20-25 with the 997 but haven't released that system yet since they are working on tips for it (at least that's what I was told).

In case anyone was curious, the Gemballa Powerkit for the 997 is around $7000 installed (!).

• 2 weeks later...

Why not do the cats also as they are the biggest gain out of the three(20hp or so). I believe in another thread you are talking about getting the PSE, why not get the PSE and change the header and cats to AWE. That what I'm think of doing. The AWE muffler only add about 4hp.

Why not do the cats also as they are the biggest gain out of the three(20hp or so). I believe in another thread you are talking about getting the PSE, why not get the PSE and change the header and cats to AWE. That what I'm think of doing. The AWE muffler only add about 4hp.

I'm not considering the PSE. It's just a noise box. EVO V-Flow adds enough growl for under $600. I have a non-S and AWE told me their full system only gives 8-9 hp on that model but even that gets cancelled when the tips are added (??). The reason the S gets so much power from an exhaust switch is that the headers were detuned for that car and the cats restrictive. 997 non-S headers are free flow. I've been told that by 4 different tuners now and as a result, don't plan on swapping out my exhaust.

Edited by albonya

• 8 months later...

I have personally installed many AWE exhausts. Their workmanship is top-notch. Each system is personalized for the owner with a custom made name plate as well. The sound of their exhaust on the 997 c4 3.6 was incredible. As for power gains. It was noticeable in the seat of the pants dyno. That's more than 4 HP. The 997 kit I installed was headers, cats, and mufflers.

I have also installed their exhaust on the new Cayman. Along with a set of Fabspeed headers, the car made 300Hp at the wheels and sounded very much like an early aircooled Porsche, which it should.

I have personally installed many AWE exhausts. Their workmanship is top-notch. Each system is personalized for the owner with a custom made name plate as well. The sound of their exhaust on the 997 c4 3.6 was incredible. As for power gains. It was noticeable in the seat of the pants dyno. That's more than 4 HP. The 997 kit I installed was headers, cats, and mufflers.

I have also installed their exhaust on the new Cayman. Along with a set of Fabspeed headers, the car made 300Hp at the wheels and sounded very much like an early aircooled Porsche, which it should.

I second that! :cheers:

Aaron

• 3 months later...

After reading the above and some other comments, I'm pretty much sold on the AWE exhaust but today I stopped at my local dealer (The Collection) where they also do some aftermarket bold on work (and more importantly wont give me any crap about warranty because they sold me the parts and did the work) and they recommended Tubi.

How do you guys feel about Tubi?

Regardless of which exhaust, I happen to like the Fabspeed tips, would that be a problem with either of the AWE or the Tubi exhausts?

I installed the complete AWE system with stock tips and am very happy with the results. The sound is reasonable, the quality of the components are outstanding, and the ease of install demonstrated to me the thoughtfulness put into these products by AWE.

So far it is well worth the money.

Good luck with your decision.