Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Tire reccomendations

I have a 2000 996 Cab with Fikse wheels. I am looking for a new set of rear tires. My spec is 285/30/18 can anyone reccomend tires that will be quiet and give the best ride. I am in Alabama so they will be warm year around.

Only had my car for a few months, I'm on the same size tyres and have just got a new set of P Zero Rosso's. The old rears had 2mm left and were terrible in the wet (always wet in the North West of England) so I was nervous about buying the same type of tyres but the new ones are awesome. Great grip, not too noisy and good in the wet.

I have a 2000 996 Cab with Fikse wheels. I am looking for a new set of rear tires. My spec is 285/30/18 can anyone reccomend tires that will be quiet and give the best ride. I am in Alabama so they will be warm year around.

I have a 2000 Cab with 18" wheels in the Atlanta area, also mostly warm the year round. I did a lot of research last summer and settled on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 (not N-rated, but that is not an issue to me.

I love the tires. One of my requirements was a relatively quiet ride at highway cruise. I got that, and great dry and wet handling. Solid and stable. I don't track the car, but do drive fairly agressively on occasion.

My research was borne out when the December Car & Driver judged it as the top of the ultra high performance tires. You can probably find that at C&D online.

Kim

2000 Cab

I have a 2000 Cab with 18" wheels in the Atlanta area, also mostly warm the year round. I did a lot of research last summer and settled on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 (not N-rated, but that is not an issue to me.

I love the tires. One of my requirements was a relatively quiet ride at highway cruise. I got that, and great dry and wet handling. Solid and stable. I don't track the car, but do drive fairly agressively on occasion.

My research was borne out when the December Car & Driver judged it as the top of the ultra high performance tires. You can probably find that at C&D online.

Kim

2000 Cab

i assume that you are planning to change all four.

you might want to look at the yokohama es100.

had them on my 87, great tire!

I've had several Porsches. Had most brands of tires on the vehicles. Michelin Pilots give best ride and best wear over time. If you are looking for a great look and save a little the Bridgestone KDW has a neat tread pattern and is really a good buy but I have only got 6-12k on the rears on 996's.