Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Female plug for HAES 4 X 40 amp

I posted a question back in early March and had no replies but got 69 views, so perhaps I was unclear what I was asking. Let me paraphrase...I have a Becker CR210 head unit and HAES 4 X 40 amp which I got out of a 2000 Boxster. I'm trying to install the combo into my 914 which currently has no stereo. I wasn't able to get any of the wiring out of the Boxster so I need advice on how to wire what I got. I think I need the "C" female plug from the CR210 head unit and the female plug that goes into the smaller plug on the amp and the larger female plug on the amp which supplies power to the amp and goes to the speakers. Does anyone know of such a wiring harness is available, or where I can find pigtails and I can splice the wires between the female plugs. Perhaps someone performed an upgrade and has those pigtails lying around somewhere? Finally, I would need a pin out of the larger plug in the amp to see what goes where. The amp part number is 986.645.323.00, if that matters. I'm not terribly well versed in stereo wiring, so please keep it as simple as possible. Thanks all.

• Moderators

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/show...ad.php?t=267572

I bet you cannot buy the amp plugs from Porsche unless you buy an entire wiring harness. I see the plugs on ebay once in a while when someone is selling the oem amp and cut off the plugs, because they put in an aftermarket amp.

You might try a stereo shop that puts in aftermarket amps in 986/996 and see if they have any plugs that were cut off.

This pic is from an old ebay auction.

post-4-1145547222.jpg

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/show...ad.php?t=267572

I bet you cannot buy the amp plugs from Porsche unless you buy an entire wiring harness. I see the plugs on ebay once in a while when someone is selling the oem amp and cut off the plugs, because they put in an aftermarket amp.

You might try a stereo shop that puts in aftermarket amps in 986/996 and see if they have any plugs that were cut off.

This pic is from an old ebay auction.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the picture you pasted is exactly what I've been looking for. I've been tracking eBay for a while and haven't seen them. I'll keep looking, I guess. Do you know if the one you have a picture of sold? If not, I may be able to contact seller and see if he still has them. Thanks again, and if you hear od any, PLEASE let me know. And you're right...Porsche dealer only has complete wiring harness for a kazillion dollars, as I recall.