Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Driving Schools

On an earlier post I had asked about ways to improve my 987's proformance. I got some good feedback on taking a driving school course to learn how to maximize my abilities in the car allowing me to push it to it's limits. Has anyone done this? What were your expieriences? I am located in the Roseville, CA area and do not no where to start looking. What do all you pros out there suggest?

On an earlier post I had asked about ways to improve my 987's proformance. I got some good feedback on taking a driving school course to learn how to maximize my abilities in the car allowing me to push it to it's limits. Has anyone done this? What were your expieriences? I am located in the Roseville, CA area and do not no where to start looking. What do all you pros out there suggest?

This is the best place to go: The SCCA High Performance Driving School at Thunderhill in Willows. A pretty easy drive for you from Roseville. The price is about as good as it gets, and you get a full day of lapping sessions with an instructor riding with you the whole time. Looks like there is a class on June 6 with space open. Having said that, you should check to see if they'll accept the Boxster. They did before, but I see they have new language regarding restrictions on convertibles.

This is the best place to go: The SCCA High Performance Driving School at Thunderhill in Willows. A pretty easy drive for you from Roseville. The price is about as good as it gets, and you get a full day of lapping sessions with an instructor riding with you the whole time. Looks like there is a class on June 6 with space open. Having said that, you should check to see if they'll accept the Boxster. They did before, but I see they have new language regarding restrictions on convertibles.

My recommendation is the Porsche Driving School in Leipzig, two days with the best Porsche test drivers on an FIA Track. Fantastic and I am going back fore sure!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Umm:

"All convertibles must be equipped with a "roll bar" that is above the drivers head. Vehicles with factory hoops, or pop up rollover systems are not allowed."

seems pretty straight forward but can someone elaborate on what their "exceptions" might be? (is this where the broomstick rule comes in?)

• 1 year later...

Umm:

"All convertibles must be equipped with a "roll bar" that is above the drivers head. Vehicles with factory hoops, or pop up rollover systems are not allowed."

seems pretty straight forward but can someone elaborate on what their "exceptions" might be? (is this where the broomstick rule comes in?)

Yes, I would say you are correct. With your helmet on.

I'm going to a DE event next week. An instructor will ride with me on the track. This seems the best way to go. I'm also fortunate enough to live at the home of the Porsche Driving School here in Birmingham AL. There is more info on the school in the Porsche web site. I think a 2 day session runsd around $3000. Check pca.org to find DE events in your area.

Good Luck!