Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

all systems go...except, it won't start

i'm going to try and make an otherwise very long story as short as possible. i'm nearing the end of a huge install (nav, satelites (3), cd, ipod, etc., plus reverse sensors and a reverse camera). all told, it's a huge project for me. it's been an incredible learning experience, my first real car DIY on my first Porsche and it included lots of interior and exterior modifications (type-2 side skirts, techart wheels, cf intake splitters, custom red on black floor mats, body-colored center console, etc.).

so, here's where i cut to the chase. i'm going after the reverse sensor wire under the driver's seat (black with blue stripe), and i tap into it. during this process i unplugged some of the cables beneath the seat, but got them plugged back in. yeah! success! everything seems to be working great...except for the fact that the car ('03 996 TT) won't start. the electrical works, but i don't even get a click-click-click. the stereo works, the lights all come on, the battery isn't dead at all...but she won't start-up.

any ideas? any ideas on how I could fix this problem? i'm pretty positive that it's a computer issue...but i can't figure out how to fix it, and i'm about to start crying over this spilt milk. please help me...i'm begging you. and, if you are in so-cal, and think you could fix it yourself, i could make it worth your while :(

would it help if i told you that an airbag malfunction is popping up? ie: the airbag sensor comes on about 30 seconds after the key is turned, and i have to acknowledge it. anybody with help would be a dream. i have to pick-up my son in a couple of hours and the idea of borrowing a car (my fiance has my audi with her) makes me scared....not as scared, however, as not getting my son.

thanks in advance!

absolute user error. i didn't plug one of the wiring harnesses back in all the way. i knew, when i couldn't find a topic on this here at renntech, that it was more than likely my own **** fault. this thread can gladly be deleted at your convenience. sorry to waste the brain power ;)

i'm going to try and make an otherwise very long story as short as possible. i'm nearing the end of a huge install (nav, satelites (3), cd, ipod, etc., plus reverse sensors and a reverse camera). all told, it's a huge project for me. it's been an incredible learning experience, my first real car DIY on my first Porsche and it included lots of interior and exterior modifications (type-2 side skirts, techart wheels, cf intake splitters, custom red on black floor mats, body-colored center console, etc.).

so, here's where i cut to the chase. i'm going after the reverse sensor wire under the driver's seat (black with blue stripe), and i tap into it. during this process i unplugged some of the cables beneath the seat, but got them plugged back in. yeah! success! everything seems to be working great...except for the fact that the car ('03 996 TT) won't start. the electrical works, but i don't even get a click-click-click. the stereo works, the lights all come on, the battery isn't dead at all...but she won't start-up.

any ideas? any ideas on how I could fix this problem? i'm pretty positive that it's a computer issue...but i can't figure out how to fix it, and i'm about to start crying over this spilt milk. please help me...i'm begging you. and, if you are in so-cal, and think you could fix it yourself, i could make it worth your while :(

Call me next time.. :D

I just finish putting front grill today, and replacing wheel liner. Then stop by at 997 Turbo release party.

Good thing you figured out by your self. For airbag issues, bring over to your local dealer.. they can reset it for free.

thanks for the feedback, guys. i will be posting pics and commentary from the entire build once it's done. i feel the let-down when i show people some of the stuff that's incomplete. they don't see what i see when i look at it, so it just looks f'd up, you know what i mean?

i'm getting into the home stretch, though, and i'm about to install the back-up sensors and reverse camera, which i have left until last for a reason. i'm about to do a search through the DIY sections for rear bumper removal, or better yet, maybe a DIY on the back-up sensors ;)

vfxbox, man, i'm definitely going to be in touch soon. monday (tomorrow) evening i'll be driving down to bellflower to pick-up my son from the paintball field. i'm not sure how close you are to there, but i do believe that you have my number if you'd like to hook-up.

okay, back to work...oh, and thanks for the dealership tip on getting the airbag sensor reset!

~n

thanks for the feedback, guys. i will be posting pics and commentary from the entire build once it's done. i feel the let-down when i show people some of the stuff that's incomplete. they don't see what i see when i look at it, so it just looks f'd up, you know what i mean?

i'm getting into the home stretch, though, and i'm about to install the back-up sensors and reverse camera, which i have left until last for a reason. i'm about to do a search through the DIY sections for rear bumper removal, or better yet, maybe a DIY on the back-up sensors ;)

vfxbox, man, i'm definitely going to be in touch soon. monday (tomorrow) evening i'll be driving down to bellflower to pick-up my son from the paintball field. i'm not sure how close you are to there, but i do believe that you have my number if you'd like to hook-up.

okay, back to work...oh, and thanks for the dealership tip on getting the airbag sensor reset!

~n

I am 10 - 15 minutes away NR Auto (office is near laurel canyon + ventura blvd). I get off from the work around 6pm, cruzing back home on ventura blvd east then I-405 south.