Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

2005 porsche 997 2s airbag light on problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 djl06

djl06

• Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted September 02, 2009 - 02:41 AM

hello, I have on a 2005 porsche carrera 2s coupe. I have bought the car in US with a front left side damaged clean title. I have replaced the following airbags : driver, passenger, left door, left seat, and also airbag control unit 99761821708, airbag fender sensor, front left side belt. I have bought all the parts used but the left door airbag is new. Is there something to do with used parts to identify them with the car? The airbag light stay on where the car is running and when the key is inside, the airbag light is flashing. All the connectors on the airbags are ok and locked. The porsche guy can't made the airbag light on with the piwi. He says the it need to check all airbags separately. I have a lot of errors : 8055 AWS-LIN : no communication 8056 AWS-LIN : signal implausible .... If somebody can help me.

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,046 posts
Outstanding

Posted September 02, 2009 - 06:06 AM

:welcome: You need to reset the airbags with a PIWIS tester and then run a fault diagnosis on the whole car.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 Sharp

Sharp

• Members
  • 31 posts
Neutral

Posted September 02, 2009 - 08:29 PM

Durametric software will also work

2002 Porsche 996 Targa, Meridian metallic, Savanna beige interior, 18" package, PSE, B&M, ROW 030.

#4 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,046 posts
Outstanding

Posted September 02, 2009 - 08:44 PM

Durametric software will also work

Only the latest version 6 software and cable will work on a 997-2.

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org