Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to remove please?

Is this a coupe?

If so, that is all the rear linings.

Yes its a coupe; where's the piece(s) that goes around the side rear window(s)? I can't seem to find it in the diagram. Also are these pieces just held in with clips and meant to be pulled out? Thanks!

Yes, pull down towards the inside of the car.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...post&p=6609

Thanks Loren. Do you have the instructions to remove the lower piece as I'd like a look back there as well please? Are the workshop manuals readily availble for the 997 at the local delaership or even on-line, or are they only sold to professionals? Edited by 500

Have you done a search?

Most of this is the same as the 996...

I just tracked down the Porsche tech site and bought the interior workshop book..$110 + tax...I guess nothing Porsche sells is cheap :rolleyes: . Now hopefully I can track down this **** rattle. Thanks again you've been most kind.

I hope it is more complete than the copy I have...
They say it's newly revised as of Dec 06 but the pics look like they were drawn buy someone graduating from a match book cover art correspondence school. It appears the rear seat belt retractors are rattling on both sides as you just have to tap on them to get them to rattle but they are installed tightly; ould be the internal spring mechanism? I found a large piece of sound absorbing material was crushed and not in its proper place which I corrected immediately. I now need to remove the lower rear C pillar panels to get the best access now that all the carpeting/covers are out. I really feel for the Porsche techs as there's such little and uncomforatble room to work within.

Loren:

I'm having trouble figuring how to remove the stop/latch that the rear seats lock onto which is bolted into the side panel and must be removed for access; the manual says to unsrew the locking pins but I tried with a torx wrench and it does not budge. I'm sure it has something to do with the small "locking pin" inside.

Thanks

Opps, it's a hex head, I was using a torx head (T-40 in the larger opening of the bolt). There appears to be two openings on the head of the bolt a small and larger one, is it just the larger one that need to be unscrewed?

tnx

Edited by 500

I have a squeeky rattle that I think is between the C pillar panel and the lower rear panel.

I was going to remove the two panels and investigate.

500, Did you manage to remove both panels in the end ?

Don't these rattles just make you go insane? :rolleyes: Anyway I was able to remove all the rear deck carpet/sound insulation which gave me some limited access to the rear seat belt retractors as my rattle, better described as a cliking/tapping sound, seems to be emitting from the far rear corners of the cargo area. My girl spent almost an entire weekend riding in the back and now thinks it may be coming from under the car (suspension?) I'm also hearing a sqeaking noise similar to swinging a metal bucket by the handle when I make sharp hard left hand turns also coming from under the rear deck area. I had difficulty removing the rear seat back pins as it was bolted in way beyond what I felt comfortable trying to remove. Since I'm now thinking the noise may be coming from under the car I am bringing it in to the delaer tomorrow and have them take a look underneath to see if something might be loose. I'll report back tomorrow night.

Edited by 500