Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

MOST CD Changer Kit Part Numbers (996)

• Admin

Here is the table of kits for MOST bus optioned cars (Left Hand Drive ONLY). You will need to check what options you already have in order to get the right kit. See the additional table legends below. (If someone needs RHD cars let me know).

000 044 900 72 CD changer retrofit kit (contains changer, cartridge, brackets, electrical harness, bolts, etc.) plus one of the following kits...

fiber1.gif

FIBER-OPTIC CABLES MODULES

1 FIBER-OPTIC CABLES BASIC DP

2 FIBER-OPTIC CABLES BASIC TELEPHONE

3 FIBER-OPTIC CABLES BASIC TELEPHONE DP

4 FIBER-OPTIC CABLES DP AMPLIFIER

5 FIBER-OPTIC CABLES DP AMPLIFIER CD - CHANGER

6 FIBER-OPTIC CABLES DP CD - CHANGER

7 FIBER-OPTIC CABLES DP AMPLIFIER C4

8 FIBER-OPTIC CABLES DP AMPLIFIER S4 CD - CHANGER

post-2-1127276704_thumb.jpg

M-Numbers

M 338 Rear-Drive

M 339 FWD - Drive

M 490 / M 680 Amplifier Harman / Bose

M 692 CD - Changer

M 666 Telephone

Edited by Loren

• Admin

Gert,

These comes from the MY03 schematics in Service Manual Supplement 73. I have two lists. One labeled for LHD (above) and one for RHD. There is only one schematic that is labeled RoW or US/Canada and that is Lights.

The RHD list starts with:

996.622.725.00... etc.

• 8 months later...
  • Admin

I've pinned this topic after today's experience with an unnamed dealer -- we are now 2 for 2 with dealers suggesting the wrong part number for the cable needed to retrofit the CDC-4 (MOST CD Changer). That last dealer told me they didn't have a list -- then I told him they did and the list is in the MY03 schematics section of the Service Manual (supplement 73 to be exact - as posted above).

Sorry for the rant, let the buyer beware and do your homework here first! :soapbox:

• 7 months later...

loren - this is exactly what i need!.... but can't figure out how to read it. pardon my ignorance but i need a little help.

i currently have an '03 C2 with the Bose CDR-23 radio

i am adding the PCM2 and removing the CRD-23

at the same time, i'd like to add the CDC-4

no telephone

now - how do i read the chart that you posted? or could you just tell me what part numbers i need to order? i think it is 996.622.705.00 ???

thanks a ton!

Edited by chile96

• Admin
loren - this is exactly what i need!.... but can't figure out how to read it.  pardon my ignorance but i need a little help.

no telephone

now - how do i read the chart that you posted?  or could you just tell me what part numbers i need to order?  i think it is 996.622.705.00 ???

thanks a ton!

Please post your radio related options codes (i.e. M490, M680, etc., etc.). If you are not sure then post all the option codes on your option tag (under the front hood).

loren - this is exactly what i need!.... but can't figure out how to read it.  pardon my ignorance but i need a little help.

no telephone

now - how do i read the chart that you posted?  or could you just tell me what part numbers i need to order?  i think it is 996.622.705.00 ???

thanks a ton!

Please post your radio related options codes (i.e. M490, M680, etc., etc.). If you are not sure then post all the option codes on your option tag (under the front hood).

ok - here are all my options codes from my hood:

CO2 X70 X71 X97 X98

226 411 437 438 446

537 680

but note i am also replacing my factory bose CDR-23 with the PCM2 so i would want to get the fiber optic module to work with that

thanks!

chile96 - yes, it looks like you need 996 622 705 00.

You will need the correct trim pieces for around the PCM unit.

Are you planning on doing this yourself?

i've read Corey's generous right-up on the retrofit and have ordered the exact part numbers he listed. unfortunately two parts were not in stock in the US so they had to be ordered from germany - should be here by mid-March. actually, one dealership in CA had the exact 2 pieces in stock but each time i called, they said they'd go look for them later and call me back when they checked. after 4 days of calling and being told this, i finally gave up and just ordered them through sunset.

i think i can do this myself but one of the local porsche techs has offered to help. i've paid him on the side to help me with several things(red seat belts, converting sport seats to full power) and saved mucho$$$ in lieu of paying dealership labor fees. i've also got the ROW M030 on order(won on eBay from the UK) and he said he'd help with that as well - he even said he'd do the allignment at the dealership after the service dept closed on saturday afternoon. pretty generous guy but i'll reward him as always

about the CDC-4 installation. he wasn't sure if it could be done but i told him i'd check on it myself(i.e. renntech) he did mention that he'd prob have to connect everything in a series (PCM2 - amp - CDC - PCM2) instead of each thing connecting to the PCM2 individually. does this sound right??? i'm sure it will be clearly stated within the retrofit kit but just wanted to make sure. the tech is young and i remember being young, thinking i knew everything and never would admit that i might be wrong - if you catch my drift

thanks as always Loren

my donation is on its way - sorry it took so long

• 8 months later...
  • Admin
hi, can you please post the part numbers for RHD 997's (UK cars) many thanks Simon
That section of the 997 service manual is not out yet. I have a preliminary copy of the manual and it is only about 20% complete.

If you tell me your cars options (Bose, no Bose, Nav, no Nav. PCM (GSM) phone, no PCM (GSM) phone, etc. I can check the parts list and see which cables it calls out for those options (for RHD). I assume you want to add the CDC-4 CD Changer?

• 3 years later...

Hi guys,

Very useful thread, I was hoping somebody could help/confirm the optical wire I need for the following application:

I have a 2005 C2S cab (997) with PCM, the PCM does have navi/phone buttons but I do not think either are hooked up ( I do not have a nav unit in the loggage compartment ).

I purchased the CDC4 changer/mount etc but the wire I have does not work since I have the amp/booster.

The instruction manual I have reads 997.622.712.00 Optical waveguide LWL, without nav unit, is this what I need? if so it is not listed above. I basically need a 1 to 2 optical wire if that makes sense since I need it to hook up to both the booster and the changer.

Thanks for your help in advance

Sam

Edited by tekky

• Admin
Hi guys,

Very useful thread, I was hoping somebody could help/confirm the optical wire I need for the following application:

I have a 2005 C2S cab (997) with PCM, the PCM does have navi/phone buttons but I do not think either are hooked up ( I do not have a nav unit in the loggage compartment ).

I purchased the CDC4 changer/mount etc but the wire I have does not work since I have the amp/booster.

The instruction manual I have reads 997.622.712.00 Optical waveguide LWL, without nav unit, is this what I need? if so it is not listed above. I basically need a 1 to 2 optical wire if that makes sense since I need it to hook up to both the booster and the changer.

Thanks for your help in advance

Sam

You are reading (and posting in the wrong place - 997-1 parts are different. Please post your question in the 997-1 area.

• 6 years later...

Hi, New to Porsche, new to Renntech, and new to MOST optical radio systems. Please be patient ?

I have a 2003 RHD 3.6 996 C4

Fitted CDR23, Harmon amp in front boot and CDC 4. All good until recently when the front/rear speakers work randomly and intermittently. Subs in doors always work. Now only the subs work. The optical signal link from the head to the amp is on/off depending on how I wiggle and place it. 

Assume I need a new MOST cable? 

Can you advise which of the above I need........... I think that the 996.622.708.00 is the one for me.

Option codes from under the hood relevant to audio is 490,

Appreciate any input or help.

Thanks

• Admin

Hi, New to Porsche, new to Renntech, and new to MOST optical radio systems. Please be patient ?

I have a 2003 RHD 3.6 996 C4

Fitted CDR23, Harmon amp in front boot and CDC 4. All good until recently when the front/rear speakers work randomly and intermittently. Subs in doors always work. Now only the subs work. The optical signal link from the head to the amp is on/off depending on how I wiggle and place it. 

Assume I need a new MOST cable? 

Can you advise which of the above I need........... I think that the 996.622.708.00 is the one for me.

Option codes from under the hood relevant to audio is 490,

Appreciate any input or help.

Thanks

Yes, that looks like the correct cable.

Most intermittent sound problems we have seen in your model and year car are amplifier problems.

Thanks Loren for the help. I have a "spare" Harmon amp which I exchanged last night. Went from just the door subs making sound to absolutely nothing?

I am going to take the case off the Harmon amp as there are no external fuses, just to see if there is anything inside.....

How difficult is it to replace all the Porsche OEM kit and replace with something that works ??? I have already replaced front and rear speakers

Thanks

• 2 months later...