Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need Help With Electronics Install For Pse

I'm installing the electronics for my PSE and there are two wires that I am a little lost with. Hopefully someone who has been through this can help.

The instructions state:

1) Hook the GR/BL/BR wire "To jumper plug 5/2 (slot 28)"

and

2) connect the RE/BU wire: "Crimp to wire BK/RE; 1.52 for fuse B10"

The second one is a little easier, I guess I cut off the connector that is at the end of the RE/BU wire and hook it up to this wire behind the fusebox, connected to fuse B10.

The other one is a little weird, I'm not sure where "jumper plug 5/2" is. I already connected a brown wire to slot 28, but this three colored wire doesn't match any of the other wires in slot 28, they are ALL brown and it seems a little weird putting this other color wire to connect it to about 9 other brown wires.

Thanks for any help.

navin

Edited by navin in KC

• Moderators
I'm installing the electronics for my PSE and there are two wires that I am a little lost with.  Hopefully someone who has been through this can help.

The instructions state:

1) Hook the GR/BL/BR wire "To jumper plug 5/2 (slot 28)"

and

2) connect the RE/BU wire:  "Crimp to wire BK/RE; 1.52 for fuse B10"

The second one is a little easier, I guess I cut off the connector that is at the end of the RE/BU wire and hook it up to this wire behind the fusebox, connected to fuse B10.

The other one is a little weird,  I'm not sure where "jumper plug 5/2" is.  I already connected a brown wire to slot 28, but this three colored wire doesn't match any of the other wires in slot 28, they are ALL brown and it seems a little weird putting this other color wire to connect it to about 9 other brown wires.

Thanks for any help.

navin

Navin:

I had the same question on the PSE install on my 02 C2. After looking at the Relay support schematic I found that the step "Hook the GR/BL/BR wire "To jumper plug 5/2 (slot 28)" is an error for 02 cars and possibly later cars as well. Instead of slot 28, take a look at slot 25 instead. What the GR/BL/BR wire is for is the hot lead to the PSE switch illumination. On my car the switch illumination power supply is in slot 25, jumper plug 5/2

Slot 25 is bottom row 3rd position from left side. jumper plug 5/2 is the upper right one. (looking from the front of the relay support bracket) It is marked, with tiny type.

You are right in that slot 28 is all ground junctions. If you hook up the GR/BL/BR wire up to ground, you will create a short that will blow your panel illumination fuse. (so don't do that! :) )

For the lead to fuse B10, there are enough spades in that position that you should be able to just plug in the wire.

Hope this helps

allright, I figured it out:

I hooked the three-colored wire to slot 25 where there are a bunch of other wires the same color.

I hooked the other wire to the B10 fuse. I turned on the car and nothing went wrong.

:cheers:

Here is the next question:

I cannot figure out how to run the (other) wires to the engine compartment.

I understand that I run it along the doorsill, but I have no idea how to get it into the convertible top bay and then no idea how to get it into the engine compartment.

The instructions have this terrible photo of where to drill:

b4i1kw.jpg

But that looks nothing like this:

b4i3hz.jpg

thanks for any help.

navin

Edited by navin in KC

• Moderators

OK, you did the hard part of routing the 2 little wires, and you have the felt cover off of the back area. Now feel around on the soundproofing in the area behind the passenger seat, and you will feel a little round rubber grommet ("B" on the diagram) that covers the hole that you need to route the wires through. BTW, don't put the connector on the wires until you have them run to the engine area. It won't fit through the hole with the connector on!

Once you have located it, use an xacto knife to cut through the sound deadening to expose it. once you can see it, take your knife and cut an "X" in the middle of the grommet. (do not remove it).

That is what you will route the 2 little wires through to the solenoid switch. You will be able to grab the wires from engine bay to complete the routing. I would also recommend that you get some of that plastic cable tubing to protect the wires in the engine compartment. Once you have it all routed, then solder on the connector pins, and assemble the connector.

And with that you will be done!

• Moderators

The way that I ran the wires is from the driver's side footwell, along the drivers door sill under the threshold cover that has the trunk and engine lid controls on it, then tucked in the seam on the rear seat side panel (the one with the speaker in it.)

Next take off the cover behind the rear seats. It is just held on with 2 screws. After routing the wire up along the bottom of the side panel you can go over and through the roll bar actuators in the middle and then back to the grommet. you will be able to hide the wire along this route no problem.

Take a look at my DIY write-up Here.