Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- View Reviews
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Everything posted by Aurelien Du Pasquier
Here is a follow-up and a few learnings from that job. First, never use electric tape to temporarily fix the crankcase breather hose while waiting for a new one to arrive...tape melted and I got a huge vacuum leak on my way to work. Duct tape is the way to go 👍 Secondly, despite replacing my PCV valve which I knew was bad, the CEL came back with the dreaded P12A2 code. Now, to think I did all that work for nothing was a bit upsetting to say the least. I ordered a new fuel pressure sensor that I have not installed yet. Meanwhile, I checked my fuel tank cap and noticed it did not close tight, because the o-ring seal was all shrunk and cracked. Knowing this too can cause a P12A2 code, I swapped with the gas cap from my 911, just to try. I cleared the CEL code and went to work with the Cayenne. And bingo! The CEL light did not turn in on my way back as it usually does. So, before taking off your intake to change your valve cover, check you gas cap first would be my advice 😎.
I agree that is definitely not a 2h job, unless you have all the parts in advance and have done it before. It was a 3 week-end job for me, but the upside is that I got to drive my 911SC for 3 weeks to work every day!
Well, I am happy to report that all is back to normal: the ECU did its job, engine runs and idles smoothly, and all the codes are gone. It took several minutes, a few restarts and some driving to get back to normal. Very happy so far 😎🥂
I rebolted everything, saw no gas leaks and was able to start the engine, but it runs very rough, cannot rev at all and cylinders 2-4-6 have misfire detected. I am assuming the pressure in the lower fuel rail is stil too low...Is that normal issue that will fix itself or do I have bigger issues? I’d like to hear how the car ran just after restart for those who have done this intake removal-reinstall.
I made some progress too...the trick to reattaching the fuel line is to do it before the intake manifold is bolted back in, so as to have just enough wiggle room to get the fittings in tight and secure. Then, tighten the intake M1O bolts. I was doing well until an M10 bolt fell into the engine, now I can’ find it. This project has been a curse that I wish I never put upon myself...
Hi Jonhattan, I am in the exact same place you are. I reinstalled the intake and all went well except for that stupid flare fitted solid line which connects the lower fuel rail to the fuel pump. I spent the entire day trying to retighten those two fittings, and got fuel leak each time, either on pump side or lower rail side. There is zero space to work there, so I can only use two fingers, and had to grind a wrench to make it fit there. I bent the hard line to make it fit better, but maybe that was a mistake... I also thought about making a flexible high pressure line to make the job easier. Let me know if you go that route or where up you end up. So close...It almost feels like this was designed by some sadistic German engineer to torture people trying to work on their Cayenne. Aurelien