Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Where is the Clutch fluid reservoir on an 02 C4S ?

I am going to attempt Lorens clutch bleed procedure but don't want to do it unless i can see how much fluid is there. Other posts talk about a green lid. I have been searching and can only find the blake fluid and washer fluid caps. I can see the clutch hydralic tube ( Blue ) but no reservoir.

Its not in the owners manual. Maybe there isn't one??

• Admin

The Blue cap is windshield washer water/fluid, the Black cap is brake/clutch fluid.

On a C2 or C4 or C4S the brake fluid tank is shared with the clutch. All Carrera's use brake fluid for the clutch.

The Green capped tank is only found on 996TT and GT2 as they have a separate clutch system that uses Pentosin CHF 11 S hydraulic fluid (not brake fluid).

Thanks Loren, I found the black tube that goes to the brake reservoir. Did the bleed and found only a very small amount of air. Didn't cure my problem. I just picked the car up tonight after a warranty oil seal replacement. It was after hours and the service guys had gone home. The car had no other issues. Now I can hardly get it into first or second or reverse. The clutch is definately dragging and not fully disengaging. In my garage, with the pedal all the way down, when I gently push toward first, I can feel the car move slightly forward. I am going to take it back to them tomorrow. The clutch was fine and shifted like butter. I can't imagine what they have done to it and also can't believe that they thought this car was ready for the customer. I wonder if there is some linkage not on correctly that would make the release stroke less. I can already hear them telling me that I will need a new clutch. There was nothing wrong with it before!!! I probably shouldn't even be driving it like this.

So the dealer pulled the tranny out again and can't find anything that looks wrong. They thought that they would find the disc binding on the spine but found it to be free moving. So I am buying a new clutch.

Finally got clutch sorted out. When they removed the tranny, they must have supported part of the weight of the tranny on the input drive shaft. This bent the disk slightly. After reinstalling it this made it wobble and drag slightly when released.

Got a new disc installed with many appologies. 0 dollars out of pocket. Grief and worry was no charge.

• Upvote 1