Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Removing rear glass window in a cab

Is it easy to remove rear window in a 2003 C2 Cabriolet or impossible? Thinking of getting it tinted due to the insane heat wave we been having and would rather tinting is done with the window removed.

thanks...

I have use in my home a 3-M product that goes outside the window, and installed professionaly still looks perfect after 5 years. These windows are frrom a 2 story room, and take a beating all year from wind, sun, rain, insane birds.

Not sure if they make something like it for automobile use.....

To give you an idea of the trouble - the instructions are 7 pages in the service manual.

hmm ok. i thought i saw a zipper when i was installing a SmartTOP - i guess i was wrong.

Just tint it from the inside glass. Why need to be removed???? The glass is pretty small so tinting doesn't make that much sense unless you tint the sides too.

yeah doing side windows too. this heat is insane. definately need tint to cool car down.

this heat is insane. definately need tint to cool car down.
Have you thought about a car cover?

might be hard to drive with it on. also not sure what the laws around here are on driving with a car cover - i'll have to double check.

:jump: :jump: :jump:

yes i know you mean when i am parked :) the thing is, at home and at work i park in the garage, so that is not an issue. i am more worried about shorter pit stops (food, shopping, etc.) which are usually under 30 minutes. and of course while driving during the day too...

Try this...

Ever since I saw the commercial I was wondering if it did anything at all

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/autov...gid=AUDIO_VIDEO

And this is the claim, anyways:

"AutoVent SPV silently and efficiently eliminates stale, stuffy air from inside your vehicle, even on the hottest summer days! While your window remain securely closed, this unique solar powered ventilator draws hot air and odors , including pet and tobacco odors, out of your vehicle and replaces it with fresh air form outside. Since AutoVent SPV runs directly on natural, FREE solar energy, there is no drain on your vehicle's battery and there are no batteries to replace or recharge...Ever!

Installation is easy! Simply attach the included weatherproof fitting strips, place the unit on top of the window edge and roll the window closed that's it!

AutoVent SPV helps to preserve and protect your vehicle's interior, valuable stereo and electronic equipment from the damaging effects of extreme heat build-up. AutoVent SPV also assists in reducing the strain on your air conditioning system during start-up."

• 3 weeks later...

For the record, I have tried the "Autovent" solar powered fan and it will not work at all behind my tinted windows (my windows are not "limo dark" either). The fit is very poor on my Cab, due to the window groove in the cab top. I definitely don't recommend it.

Jim Barber

05 C4S