Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

manual control of raised spoiler/wing without auto raise?

When I had my aerokit wing fitted the stock auto raising wing was disconnected. This was apparently carried out as the two wings together can form an 'air trap' at speed and it was sggested that the aerokit wing may be ripped off due to excessive drag?

I've since noticed that my rear boot lid is catching the edge of the stock wing in its closed position, so I'm planning to reconnect the stock wing wiring so that I can raise it to remove the cover and make adjustments to the retaining bolts so that it will no longer foul the boot lid.

while I'm reconnecting the wiring on a temporary basis I was wondering if it was possible to connect this back up so that it will raise/lower via the switch on the under side of the dash, but so that it wont automatically raise at the set speeed?

if anyone has carried out such a hack or has an understanding of the wiring relays in question, guidance would be much appreciated

many thanks

Perry

The spoiler relays are controlled by the instrument cluster. The manual switch is also connected to the cluster. The speed is read by the cluster, which signals the spoiler to deploy above a certan speed. Because it is all integrated, there isn't a simple way of rewiring it to bypass the speed signal. The only way you might possibly achieve what you want is to wire a separate switch direct to the spoiler relays. If you need the wiring diagrams, send me a PM or email.

Thanks Richard

I did feel it might be like this, my best bet probably is to have it all wired up as normal but have a cut in the power or earth cable to seperate switch. Then when I want to activate the wing I flick my power switch first?

unfortunately this way will require running a wired switch from the boot to the cabin