Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

questions about sport package option

where can I find the details of what this includes other then that listed on the window sticker I have

It states: 17" wheels, cruise, hifi stereo, remote control alarm and rear wind deflector.

I thought I read the sport package tweaked sway bars and posibly springs/struts to?

the reason i'm inquiring is I need new from struts (rattling quite a bit) and wondering if I need to match a specific code. I see the MO12, MO13 and MO30 on the option code list. Which do I have and what does it include?

thanks.

Shawn

What is the option code for the 'sport package' that you have? --Brian

That's part of my question. The window sticker I have makes no mention of the package code, it simply says Sport Package $3,235 and then lists 5 N/C items under it! Those 5 items make no mention of hardware only tires, stereo, wind deflect, alarm and cruise control. So is this US spec sports package simply a convienence package?

What is the option code for the 'sport package' that you have? --Brian

That's part of my question. The window sticker I have makes no mention of the package code, it simply says Sport Package $3,235 and then lists 5 N/C items under it! Those 5 items make no mention of hardware only tires, stereo, wind deflect, alarm and cruise control. So is this US spec sports package simply a convienence package?

It sure looks that way. I guess I thought the package code might be listed on the window sticker.

At the risk of mentioning something that you already know, M030 is the only optional factory installed suspension for Boxsters. The only way I can think you can easily check to see if you have M030, is to see if it is listed as an option code on the label affixed to your front hood/trunk--look for "030" in the codes listed at the bottom of the sticker. Another way is to look at the springs: Front springs marked blue and white are standard; front springs marked red and white are M030 (for your '97). Rear springs marked blue and yellow are standard; rear springs marked red and brown are M030 (for your '97 5-speed).

Dollars to donuts you can read a part number off of the shocks, too. Standard front shocks for your '97 are 986.343.041.02, which has been superseded by 986.343.041.04. M030 front shocks for your '97 are 986.343.041.13, which has been superseded by 986.343.041.17.

--Brian

thanks Brian. That will answer my question for sure and I'll be out there at 9am looking!

Shawn

sounds like option P63, like i have.

SPORT PACKAGE M396 17" Wheels/Tires M551 Wind Stop M490 Sound System M454 Cruise Control M535 Alarm system M688 CD Player (in-dash) - $3395

http://www.986faq.com/4-0/default.asp#P63

Yep that's it! So I got the standard suspension I'm guessing then as any upgrade would have been a cost item on the window sticker...