Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Michelin Diamaris vs. Yokohama Advan ST?

I am debating if I should go for Michelin Diamaris or Yokohama Advan ST tires... they both have similar performances according to TireRack (and the specs are almost identical) but the Yokos are suppose to last longer (according to the treadwear grade - 220 vs. 320). I heard that the Michelins don't last very long and was wondering if the Yokos would be the same despite the higher treadwear grade. I'm looking for good performance but I would also like for the tires to last more than 15k miles.

For everyone who has either tires... how long did they last you? Did you like em? Good performance?

I am debating which to get to go with 20" Gemballa wheels... Thanks!

I have the Yoko GO 52's which were supposed to last longer but am having cupping problems I think because the front back rotation problem you have with directional tires.

I am debating if I should go for Michelin Diamaris or Yokohama Advan ST tires... they both have similar performances according to TireRack (and the specs are almost identical) but the Yokos are suppose to last longer (according to the treadwear grade - 220 vs. 320). I heard that the Michelins don't last very long and was wondering if the Yokos would be the same despite the higher treadwear grade. I'm looking for good performance but I would also like for the tires to last more than 15k miles.

For everyone who has either tires... how long did they last you? Did you like em? Good performance?

I have the Yoko GO 52's which were supposed to last longer but am having cupping problems I think because the front back rotation problem you have with directional tires.

Yoko GO? Never heard of it... so the Yokos Advan ST are directional? What's the difference? Are the Diamaris not directional?

Yoko GO? Never heard of it... so the Yokos Advan ST are directional? What's the difference? Are the Diamaris not directional?

Yoko Geo is what Mudman means- Geolander. Both the Geo and Advan ST are directional, the Michelins are not. I have heard alot of bad things from many friends about Yoko tires- cupping, flat spots, and issues with road force balancing. I have the Bridgestone Turanzas and had the Continentals- love them both, but that's my opinion.

Yoko Geo is what Mudman means- Geolander. Both the Geo and Advan ST are directional, the Michelins are not. I have heard alot of bad things from many friends about Yoko tires- cupping, flat spots, and issues with road force balancing. I have the Bridgestone Turanzas and had the Continentals- love them both, but that's my opinion.

For the tire size 275/40/20 there are not too many options (for summer tires), only Mich Diamaris, Yoko Advan ST, Contis, and Pirellis. I heard bad things about the Pirellis and the Michs simply don't last long enough to be paying $300+ per tire... that is why I was considering the Yokos instead. I have a set of Yokohama Advan Neovas on my STI and they are amazing... grip like a mofo and haven't had any problems with them.

Can someone care to explain to me why directional tires would be a problem on the Cayenne? I believe the Advan Neovas are also directional on my STI which is also a AWD and never had any sort of problems. Thanks!

Directional tires are not a problem.

How about the Contis? They are a really good tire.

FYI- 15-17k miles is all you will get anyway. Also, there are plenty of people without problems with their Pirellis.

If your car is a daily driver you will only have them for about a year anyway- start with the Contis, next try the Perellis . . .

• 1 month later...