Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Epiq HID/Litronic Conversion Kit

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10247

Same thing.

It's an H7 HID kit, there's nothing boxster specific about it other than it's H7 which is not Boxster specific either, many cars use H7.

I bought them from cqlight.ca and they were much cheaper and the results quite stunning. Any old HID kit will work as long as it's H7.

Same thing.

It's an H7 HID kit, there's nothing boxster specific about it other than it's H7 which is not Boxster specific either, many cars use H7.

I bought them from cqlight.ca and they were much cheaper and the results quite stunning. Any old HID kit will work as long as it's H7.

Yeah. It was your earlier post with pictures and discussion that got my attention. I guess I was thinking that the Epiq kit was specific to the car. Their ad suggests that it is. If not, then your approach seems to be the way to go. Still happy with it?

• 1 month later...

986jim - did you have any issues with installing the HID kit on a Canadian car? I have heard there were some issues on using an HID kit with Daytime running lights.

Thanks Glenn

Same thing.

Not jumping in ahead of Jim (I still want his thoughts as well), but I found this today...

I am having trouble with them in my 2006.

Troubleshooting

1 "Problem:

In many cases, especially for those cars that have Auto ""ON"" or Daytime Running Lights; one or both light cannot Ignite Initially, Discharge Bulb turns off after just start the car, or even sometimes, bulb just turns off when driving."

"Solution:

You MUST Disconnect the Daytime Running Light or Auto Switch ON function immediately before the actual HID Conversion. Due to the Steady levels of battery voltage is required at 12V or Plus before the initial Ignites of each HID Systems; you must prohibit the less voltage draw of car battery at HID s start time. Daytime Running Light is 7V or less power output, and auto switch on headlight is always turn on seconds right before the car to start the ignition to charge the battery, which means Battery is focus on charging the ignition and waiting for alternator to recharge it back to 12V. Therefore, in both situations, battery is drawing much less power than 12V to initially ignite the HID headlight. Please perform the following:

o if you have Daytime Running Light please follow your car s service manual; disconnect the fuse or wiring of Daytime Running lights only.

o If you have Auto Switch On Headlights, please switch the function to Manual Switch On headlights. To avoid further damages, always remember to start your engine before turn on the HID system! "

NO I had no problems at all with DRL's. The 986 seems to power the DRL's at full power were the 987 is at a reduced power lever which causes them to flicker and not come on. So in a 987 you would want to disable the DRL's which can be done were just not sure how yet, but it's only a matter of wiring. I have a bently manual for my car but not a 987 so I'm not sure.

Many 986's have installed them with no problems, mine are still mint though the car is "sleeping..." shhhhh......