Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CDR22 or CDR220 required

Dear all,

When my car was at the garage last week I got them to check the problems I'd been having with the excess draw on the battery when the car is switched off, thus flattening the battery within a couple of days.

They hooked up a meter and checked the draw with the ignition off (no key inserted), stereo unplugged fromwiring harness, hood light diabled and interior lights disabled, the result was 38 miliamps which is acceptable, we then hooked up my becker traffic pro and it went up to 1.5 amps, we then disconnected the traffic pro and hooked up a CDR22 from another Boxster the result 39 miliamps, it would seem I have a faulty head unit.

Anyway to the point, as quite a lot of forum memebers have changed their stock system is there anyone out there who has a CDR22 or CDR220 that they are willing to sell, if so I can paypal funds over to them immediately, I know Im in the UK but delivery is only about $40.

My email address is mendelfamily@ntlworld.com

Thanks in advance

Nik

Thanks Chris

I did call them and they don't take Paypal and won't take a credit card over the telephone, I don't feel comfortable sending a money order or cheque as I have no protection

thanks again

Nik

i guess they don't expect to sell it then. who is going to wire money or send a money order, etc.? that's ridiculous. PayPal and credit cards are the accepted forms of payment for eBay goods.

idiots!

I agree completely Chris, I'm guessing that they are a reasonable size operation, I want the unit and am happy to pay the asking price, BUT, it's just not worth the risk.

you could offer to pay the PayPal fees (1 or 2%, i can't remember). maybe they don't want to lose any money on the deal to fees. just thinking out loud...

would they take a credit card in person, but not by phone?

I agree completely Chris, I'm guessing that they are a reasonable size operation, I want the unit and am happy to pay the asking price, BUT, it's just not worth the risk.

you could offer to pay the PayPal fees (1 or 2%, i can't remember). maybe they don't want to lose any money on the deal to fees. just thinking out loud...

All sorted Chris, found one hardly used with manual and code all for £60 BARGAIN

Fingers crossed that it will sort out my battery discharge problem.

Nik

All sorted Chris, found one hardly used with manual and code all for £60 BARGAIN

Fingers crossed that it will sort out my battery discharge problem.

Nik

congrats!!!!!!! :clapping:

Just to close this thread, received the used CDR22 system today, plugged it in, and guess what, no more battery drain!

I still don't understand why my Traffic Pro produced such a drain to start with, a faulty unit - maybe but a brand new Blaupunkt rome Sat Nav that I plugged in produced exactly the same drain - it's weird but hey who cares it's finally fixed

Nik