Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I purchased a 99 C2 a few months ago in Houston from a dealer, The car has some records but not all of them, the car was serviced at Momentum POrsche of Houston, I called them to get copies of the services performed and they said I can not get any records due to liability issues with the dealer, is this guy B.S. me or what.

I purchased a 99 C2 a few months ago in Houston from a dealer, The car has some records but not all of them, the car was serviced at Momentum POrsche of Houston, I called them to get copies of the services performed and they said I can not get any records due to liability issues with the dealer, is this guy B.S. me or what.

Seems to be a common story, even up here in Canada they said the same thing to me when I wanted a copy of the previous history on a 2003 Boxster I bought. The dealer agreed in the end to provide copies of all paperwork that did not have the previous owners name.

In your case the Momentum Porsche of Houston should be able to print out a history of the work performed that does not have the previous owners name on it. Just tell them you don't care to see the person's name just the work performed...

When I bot my 01 c2, Porsche of Arlington VA gave me all the records over the phone. This included the 15k. 30k check ups etc and other work. I also got copies of the work done on another car from the dealer to prove the work had been done.

James Greer

I have purchased two CPO'ed cars from the same dealer. With each car I got not only the original Porsche maintenance booklet but also a computer readout of all work done on the cars - warantee work, scheduled service and repair work. There was never a question about restricting my access to the information. I have been assured by the servce manager that this information is kept in a common Porsche data bank so as to be available if I were to have any issues with the car on the road away from home. If this is indeed the truth, perhaps you could get the information from another dealer. BTW, the computer readouts I have received have no indication of the identities of the previous owners.

Cheers,

Bill