Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cruise Control

hi,

I have heard that it is possible to fit the cruise control to your boxster after market. Can some one confirm that this is correct?

I have a 00MY Boxster S (so I presume it has EGas), and I have a chance of buying a four level stalk for only £75. Is this all I would need to carry out the modification (as well as lots of wire!!!)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Thanks Guys, appriciate the help.

One thing you maybe able to settle my nerve on, I spoke to a number of dealer about switching the option on in the computer, and they said that yep no problems............providing it coasts first time (I guess they mean works first time).

Has there been any problems with doing the mod, getting it turned on at the dealers, and it not working??

many thanks

Russ

Some dealers will scratch their heads and think you have gone mad. But the details on how to enable both the OBC and cruise functions can be found on here. So if in doubt print these off and take them with you. Better still (depending on were you are) find someone on here who has access to a PST2 and will help you out. Dealers may charge for the service.

Thanks Nick, Appriciate the feedback.

In that case, does anyone know of anyone in the UK that has a PST2??

Many thanks

Try Richard Hamiltion he maybe able to help you but I am guessing (albeit I am a Brit but the wrong side of the pond aka in the US)