Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

wiring schematic not clear

I have pulled down and attempted to print out the 2 stereo layouts that have been put up by either Loren or Toolpants but neither seem to print out well enough for me to read the wire colors.

I have finished routing all the required wires for this stereo install and have now come to the reality that I can't make out the IDs in the schematics.

If I tell you what wires I have to work with in my OEM harness, can someone please tell me what their task is?

I am going to match up and populate the mating adapter that I have to these wires and it's kind of important that they are correct.

I have two plugs that went to my 2003 stereo. One head is black. The other is much smaller and is yellow.

The previous owner had opted for the high end version of the Bose package if that matters.

In the black head, I have the following:

pink/blue blue/black

yellow/black red/black

white blank

blank brown

In the yellow head, I have the following:

black blank

blank green

yellow red/white

A local shop printed out the line codes for me but when I got home and looked at it closer, it was for alarm installation and not stereo usage. No use to me at all. Like I mentioned, I can't make out the line IDs when for the schematics posted on this site.

In the event that you didn't get my PM reply, thanks for the push.

Now what about this mystical ILL wire?

I have found something in the 986 forum that talks about an installation and the orange wire but I don't know if their harnesses are similar or the same as in the 996s.

I also read something about this piece, Scosche VW10B but it doesn't show up on their site. There has to be an easier way to hook this thing up!