Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

GT3 Front Bumper & Sideskirts

Guys,

I apoligize for these questions, but we do not have any sophisticated body shops up here in NH that deal in Porsches!

I just purchased Aerokit II sideskirts from Champion and an '04 style GT3 front bumper on e-bay for my '03 Cab. I know the skirts go on quite easily, but I was wondering if you have instructions (PDF?) or photos for the installation of the skirts and bumper?

The bumper comes with the lower black chin spoiler; however, the guy I bought it from says he does not have the nuts/bolts that attach it to the bumper. He says they are the same part as the clips that hold in the wheel well liner? Any thoughts? Can I just go to the hardware store and buy some stainless nuts/bolts for this?

Thanks,

Eric

Guest Gert

The GT3 chin spoiler is attached to the bumper cover by 11 rivets of 6,3mm

FWIW : The '02-'03 GT3 Cup uses spreader rivets to attach the chin spoiler to the bumper cover.

• Moderators

Have a look at 996 Tech Service Bulletin 3/00 6315. "Installing Cup Aero Kit". Loren can send you a copy if necessary. I installed the whole Cup Aero Kit on my '99 C4 and the rocker panels were not quick nor simple. The front bumper cover is straight forward. The spoiler lip is a separately orderable part and comes with the plastic rivets.

• 5 months later...

Loren can you send me a copy of this service bulletin? The one for installing the cup aero kit on a 99 c2. THANKS!!! Also can you send me a diagram of the interior console where the stereo, a/c heater controls, and lower dins attach to the dash? i would like to move the order around and I don't know how to take it apart or which parts I'm going to need to order once they're moved around. I plan on moving the heater controls to the second to the bottom din.

Last but not least (I'm soooo sorry for being a pain in the arse) I would deeply appreciate if you could tell me how to remove the door sills that say carrera on them when you open the door.

THANKS SO MUCH!

• Admin
Loren can you send me a copy of this service bulletin?  The one for installing the cup aero kit on a 99 c2.  THANKS!!!  Also can you send me a diagram of the interior console where the stereo, a/c heater controls, and lower dins attach to the dash?  i would like to move the order around and I don't know how to take it apart or which parts I'm going to need to order once they're moved around.  I plan on moving the heater controls to the second to the bottom din.

Last but not least (I'm soooo sorry for being a pain in the arse) I would deeply appreciate if you could tell me how to remove the door sills that say carrera on them when you open the door. 

THANKS SO MUCH!

I sent you the TSB via email.

The door sill guards are held in place by double sided tape. Most folks remove them by first marking their original positions (to make putting the new ones on easier) and then heating them with a hair dryer one end at a time and sliding dental floss underneath to "cut" the glue. It takes a little time for each one and you might want to have some 3M adhesive remover handy to clean up when you are done. Keep the heat source away from the 3M adhesive remover!

• Admin
wow Loren Thanks so much!!!~~~  Do you think you could also answer my question on the interior console diagram?  or send me a link or picture?  I got your tsb... thanks!!!

It would help if we knew what parts you have now (and where) i.e.radio, Nav, etc.) and what positions you want them in. Thanks...

Hi Loren~ thanks again for all your help. here are some pics of my car after your great installation instructions. FYI I got it painted by Vertex Motorsports in McLean, VA and they did a GREAT GREAT job~

P1106443.JPG

P1106444.JPG

P1106446.JPG

P1106447.JPG

I recently purchased the pcm unit and want to use it for only stereo functions (not navigation and not a/c controls). As such I want to move my a/c controls to the lower din unit (the unit that currently serves as a storage din and not the unit that holds the cassettes.) I need to know the parts that I should order so I can fit in the pcm unit into the upper portion as well as the parts needed to move the heater control into the storage din area.

THANKS~~~ you are deeply appreciated as usual~

• 1 month later...