Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster Rear Wing / Spoiler

Hellol all,

I have a newly acquired '98 Boxster (2.5L, standard, silver) and this is my first post.

First of all I read and learned a lot on this forum already - great community! I already implemented the garage door opener mod and it works great! No more bulky openers hanging on the mirror...

(I also changed the headlight bulb as one of them was dead, but that was a piece of cake).

My Boxster came with the owner's manual, however it is molded and the pages are stuck together to the point that I can't open them at all (previous owner left the books in the rain or something), so I can't really read the manual unless I get it off of eBay or something similar. My questions are:

1) Can I download the manual somewhere or can I look at it on the web in PDF / HTML / whatever format?

2) While I wait for a manual suggestion, what is the deal with the rear wing on this year model (98)? Is it popping out at 70 + MPH by itself? Can I leave it out all the time or manually control it? If so - how?

Thank you all very much in advance!

If the 1998 is similar to the 2002 model the answers to your 2nd question is:

A ) Yes the wing "pops out" when you drive faster than 120 km/h (somewhere around 75 MPH) and retracts when you slow down to under 80 km/h (50 MPH)

B ) Yes. You can manually control it to stay out. On the 2002 model there is a button down on the left side in front of the drivers doors. (Just below the connection where you can hook up a battery to open the trunk and hood when the cars battery is flat)

/Stuntman Mike - Boxer 2002

Hellol all,

I have a newly acquired '98 Boxster (2.5L, standard, silver) and this is my first post.

First of all I read and learned a lot on this forum already - great community! I already implemented the garage door opener mod and it works great! No more bulky openers hanging on the mirror...

(I also changed the headlight bulb as one of them was dead, but that was a piece of cake).

My Boxster came with the owner's manual, however it is molded and the pages are stuck together to the point that I can't open them at all (previous owner left the books in the rain or something), so I can't really read the manual unless I get it off of eBay or something similar. My questions are:

1) Can I download the manual somewhere or can I look at it on the web in PDF / HTML / whatever format?

2) While I wait for a manual suggestion, what is the deal with the rear wing on this year model (98)? Is it popping out at 70 + MPH by itself? Can I leave it out all the time or manually control it? If so - how?

Thank you all very much in advance!

Edited by Stuntman Mike

If the 1998 is similar to the 2002 model the answers to your 2nd question is:

A ) Yes the wing "pops out" when you drive faster than 120 km/h (somewhere around 75 MPH) and retracts when you slow down to under 80 km/h (50 MPH)

B ) Yes. You can manually control it to stay out. On the 2002 model there is a button down on the left side in front of the drivers doors. (Just below the connection where you can hook up a battery to open the trunk and hood when the cars battery is flat)

/Stuntman Mike - Boxer 2002

Thank you Stuntman Mike - I will look for that button when I get out of work, although I don't remember seeing one...

:welcome: Azzar0

Mike is correct :thumbup: .

Tail pops out automatically at 75 m/h and hides at 50 m/h. You can manually move it via a button located on the bottom of the fuse cover located in the left side of drivers' footwell.

Good luck with your car :cheers: , and ALWAYS :drive: DRIVE SAFE!

BDB._

You can download a PDF Owner 's manual on this site (under "Quick Menu/Porsche Owner's Manual) but it is for a facelift Boxster (post 2003?) which has a few minor differences from your model (has gloveboax etc.)

You can download a PDF Owner 's manual on this site (under "Quick Menu/Porsche Owner's Manual) but it is for a facelift Boxster (post 2003?) which has a few minor differences from your model (has gloveboax etc.)

Thanks - downloading MY00 manual now. The differences are minor and I can ignore them.

Thanks again!

:welcome: Azzar0

Mike is correct :thumbup: .

Tail pops out automatically at 75 m/h and hides at 50 m/h. You can manually move it via a button located on the bottom of the fuse cover located in the left side of drivers' footwell.

Good luck with your car :cheers: , and ALWAYS :drive: DRIVE SAFE!

BDB._

BDB - thanks for the description of the location - I couldn't find the button. I will look at the fuse box later today.

Thanks!

I downloaded the manual and found the button as well. The wing slides out and back in as it should. COOL :)

Thanks again guys!

Enjoy the car :D

Edited by Tom C