Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cockpit Cover

Summer is coming and I want to get a cockpit cover to protect this interior without having to raise and lower the top. I found one on this site made from "Noah" fabric:

Cockpit cover

Any idea if this particular one is well made, well priced, a good one to buy? Has anyone bought from this e-tailer?

I also found one at this site made from "Stormweave" fabric:

California Car Covers

Any other suggestions for places/manufacturers to go with? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Pelican has a Tonneau Cover:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...boxter_pg11.htm

So does Automobile Atlanta:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/action.lasso?-d...D=48640&-search

Those are both the factory covers. The option code for it is X68. I guess I take warm weather for granted here in Florida, I've only driven three times with the top up, maybe four. Last year I drove all the way from Florida to New Jersey with the top down, it's definately a fun car.

Thanks for the info. I actually had one of those "canoe tonneaus" but never installed it. I got it for $60 from Suncoast down in your neck of the woods. (Who would pay almost a G note???) I checked out a Boxster that had it installed and it was more work than it seemed worth. The drilling of the dash and some metal body panels scared me and the inability to use the windstop was a big deal breaker. I returned it unopened.

I too live in an almost always warm environment but I want something to keep the dust and bird crap out of the interior while the car is parked top down. I think I'll go with the Cal Car Cover one that is actually made by Covercraft. Weathershield material or Stormshield seems to be the right fabric for my climate.

I made up my mind and ordered one from Califorina Car Cover Company in Chatsworth, CA. I don't think they make them, rather they buy them from Covercraft. They are $60 and made of "Stormweave", which is fine for my climate. I had seen their cover on a Boxster at an autocross and knew it was a Cal Car Cover because it had their logo printed across the front. I no likey that so I called them and they can sell them sans advertising. Just thought some of you might like to know if you're like me and don't want to provide free advertise for companies.

Thanks for the advice.

From what I have seen on actual cars rather than pictures, there are two straps with Velcro that wrap around each wiper arm to hold the front down, two straps that go under each mirror, two straps that go under each door handle, and two straps that go into the trunk. The straps were a soft nylon material and the ones that go into the trunk were felt like material.

I'll post details about the one I ordered when I get it in about 10 days.