Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Radio Code Request

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but the folks on the threads at 986forum.com suggested that somebody here might be able to provide me the code to reactivate my 1999 Boxster radio. I had to take the battery to perform some service, and the radio now wants the code. I bought the car used, and I don't have the original owner's manual or radio code card. When I depress and hold the the TP button and scroll with the tuning knob, I find what I believe is a serial number of X5017877. If there is somebody here who can help me with the code to enter to reactivate the radio, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bob

Loren,

Will 0147 or 0149 (from the blchambray thread "another lost radio code") work for any Becker radio in a 1999 Boxster? My serial number is X5017877, and I don't want to go through the 1-hour "wait" again if I enter the wrong code.

Thanks.

Bob

Edited by simbob

Loren,

Thanks. I'll try the suggested numbers this evening before I drive home from work.

This looks like a great site, and I plan to contribute to keeping it going.

Now I need to figure out why my floor carpet padding gets wet when it rains even though I know that all of the drains (3 front, two in each door and four rear) are clear and all of the top and window seals are intact and mating properly. I suspect a possible breach in the top well drip pan, probably in the forward corners behind the seats.

It wouldn't be a Porsche if it wasn't a project to own and operate -- it's a good thing they go, turn and stop as well as they do.

Thanks again.

Bob

Loren,

After my wait period expired, the car went back to "PORSCHE" with the sound of power going to the speakers when I turn on the ignition, followed by "CODE ****".

I entered 2845 with the preset numbers. Nothing.

I entered 2847. Nothing.

I entered each number followed by TP. Nothing.

I entered each number followed by the down arrow. Nothing.

I have tried every combination of the suggested numbers with all of the buttons and knobs -- entering each of the numbers followed by pushing each of the other knobs and buttons, and then pushing each of the other knobs and buttons before entering the numbers.

Nothing.

I can't even get it to tell me to wait now, even when I randomly push numbers and buttons.

Depressing and holding the TP button also does nothing now.

What have I done? What should I do? Is there a procedure for entering the code which I did not follow correctly? Is there another procedure I must follow now to correct my previous error? I have checked the other threads and posts about lost radio codes, and I can't find answers to these questions.

Thanks.

Bob

1999 US Spec Boxster

WP0CA2985XU628976

Radio -- CDR-220

SN -- X5017877