Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cr-220cdr-220 Mp3

Thanks for the information. Back to the electronics store this week.

Good luck with your next project. I just don't see why a manufacturer can't include an input jack.

Great. I emailed them to see if a cable with a cd-changer connecter and a/b switch is possible. I am not very hopeful based on the responses in the FAQ.

Will it work with your Blaupunkt?

Looks like a MOST adapter is also in the works.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

I have been watching this post closely as I am trying to achieve a similar solution however i only have one headunit, which i am thinking should make things easier!?!

I have a kenwood head unit which has a (13 pin din) CD changer input socket on the back. I have made a auxiliary input lead like that one mentioned in the previous posts (CA-AUX1). It has a 13pin din on one end and 2 femal phono plugs on the other.

I would like some help to see if what I am trying to achieve is possible-

I am trying to create a cable like the one displayed before, that plugs into the bottom of my IPOD. This cable then goes into my aux cable (transferring the audio to my headunit through the aux facility) and is somehome connected to a power source so that the IPOD is charged when it is placed in the car.

I have read what you have been doing but i think i got lost as i understand you are also trying to install a cd changer into the aux input aswell.

Do you guys think what i am trying to achieve is possible and secondarly do you know where i should start and how i should tackle it?

If anyone has any wiring diagrams that would be great.

Many thanks

Matt

Matt,

I think the wiring setup described by Scouser in the May 7 2004 post is the best setup I have seen thus far. You have one exposed wire to connect to the iPod that sends audio to your head unit through the male RCA jacks. The iPod is powered at the same time. As soon as I have time I am going to modify my wiring also.

My post describes an inelegant way to connect both the cd changer and iPod to the same input on the head unit. Ignore those steps if you do not have two audio sources to send through one connection.

With my mod (and using the cable I put together in the picture further up this thread), the cd chager is rendered defunct. You can't use them both. And don't bother trying to but some sort of a/b switch in there either cos it won't work.

Why? because to use my cable with a kenwood head you need to also purchase

the kenwood CD-Changer replacement AUX connector and this connector has

a small piece of circuitry that you can't a/b switch out.

I Think the Kenwood cable is called a CDC-A02.

In the picture showing my cable mod, the RCA connectors connect to

one end of the CDC-A02. The other end of the CDC-A02 connect to the CD

changer socket at the back of the head.

I think this is true for the becker too. But I can't be sure (I got rid of that crap

becker radio/cd years ago).

Do you have instructions or a circuit diagram for the kenwood aux input lead. I am trying to construct one and I have a 13 pin din on on end and have wired the right/left signals to the correct pins. I have also learnt that there is a k resistor in there aswell. Do you know what is wired into and out of the resistor?

cheers Scouser

Actually I meant to do this at some stage. Stay tuned I will work it out

and get back to you with the wiring/schematic.

I do know there is a resister and diode in the curcuit. But need to look at it more to figure how they are wired.

Cheers,

Berny

• 2 weeks later...

Porsche's are notorious for stereo engine noise.

When I had a 1000W amp installed, I got all kinds of high pitched engine noise, so my audio installation company installed 2-inline noise filters to remove the high pitch engine noise like these:

http://www.ssiamerica.com/Merchant2/mercha...tegory_Code=CMP

http://www.electricalconnection.com/audio/noise-filters.htm

Don't forget that it removes treble, so it will place a burden on your speakers (e.g. they increase the likihood of speaker blow out), so be careful using them.

Wow, nice mods gents. I haven't been here in a couple of months and you're a bunch of mad scientists. Nice!

I have decided to go with the suggestion from Scouser. I have got myself a griffin powerpod charger however before tearing it all apart i would feel a bit more confident in building the cable if i was working from a diagram a bit more technical than the photo post in an earlier post.

I can workout that the charger cable has cables in it - the shielding cables and some wires.

from the written bit i guess that i tie the shieling cables together but where does the black cable come from?

As you can most probably gather im getting a bit messed up with wires and wot not.

Would anyone be able to post a wiring diagram as i have friends who can help me if its from a diagram but they 2 dont really understand the picture.

Thanks again guys for your help

Matt

Matt,

I don't have a diagram but I will try to explain more clearly:

When you chop the head off the charger, you will see various shielding cables and some coloured wires.

The wires you will use in the cable are Black, Red, Green, Yellow.

The White (opaque) wire can be chopped as it is not used.

Tie all the shielding cables together with the black wire. These collectively become the ground wire.

The red is connected to your car's 12v ignition switched wire.

Note that you MUST put an inline fuse between the this wire and

the 12v ignition switched wire.

In my setup I also connect these two wires: ground (black with shielding) and the red (12v switched & fused), to an isolating supressor. This is not required but it will stop a hell of a lot of engine noise.

Finally the Green wire is the audio signal wire for the LEFT channel.

Similarly, the Yellow is the RIGHT channel.

Use the Green and yellow cables together with a spur from the

ground cable descibed above to connect to two female RCA plugs.

This then plugs into the Kenwood C1-C1AX cable which you must aquire.

Hope this helps. Any problems, email or PM me.

Cheers,

Berny

CA-C1AX.jpg

• 1 month later...

I hope I don't irritate everyone on this board with this question. I can see from the thread that you guys are well beyond my technical expertise... here goes.

2001 Boxser s w/ cdr 220 and NO CHANGER. Im trying to hardwire my MP3 player.

I got the CD changer cable from becker and plugged it in. I then got the y connector and hooked it up to my MP3 player. No luck. Head unit says "no cd" and reverts to playing the radio again. Do I need to have a cd changer connected to the head unit to trick it into thinking its playing a cd so it switches to the mp3 players audio input?

• Moderators

Yes, you need to have the changer hooked up to the cable and a disc in it. The radio then thinks the changer is working (which it is) but the audio comes from the MP3 because you use the RAC connectors for the changer for the MP3.

With the 220 you should have just bought the aux in connector from Becker. Then you select aux on the radio.

Thanks, that explains why it wasn't working. I don't seem to have an AUX button on my cdr 220. I have a button called "s" which i think means source. It that what you mean by auxiliary?

In summary, can i still do this by buying a aux connector? or am i out of luck? and... is there a way to fool the head unit in to thinking there is a changer attached?

• Moderators

You need to turn aux on. Follow these instructions. If your MP3 player will still not work via the the RCA connectors at the end of the changer cable then disconnect the green connector only from the back of the radio.

If it still does not work then you need the aux in connector from Becker. It only cost a few dollars compared to the more expensive cd changer cable you bought from them.

We have local owners looking for the cd changer cable. They buy used cd changers on ebay and they do not come with the cable as the seller does not know how to remove the cable from the car. So list it in the for sale section if you no longer need it.

post-21-1090876424_thumb.jpg