Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

C2S fuel starvation?

Hi All

On Tuesday I had my '07 C2S chipped which added 30 bhp - great :) Weds car was fine.

Trouble started Thurs evening. Drove back 6 miles and parked up. Went out again after an hour but she tried to fire, sounded awful and wouldn't start.

Called out Porsche Assistance who thought it was no fuel as only had 56 miles left but not on orange! Opened fuel cap and lots of pressure and hissing noises. Put in 10 litres, range went to 96 miles. After a lot of cranking over it started and all well.

Exactly same thing happened last night wth 80 mile range - I'd only done 14 miles that day. This time opened fuel cap, let out pressure and eventually it restarted - didn't add fuel. Fine all day today and I have filled up. My question is, as the engineer removed panels behind rear seat to get to DME, is there anything there - starter relay perhaps or fuel tank vent/breather that could cause this? I haven't noticed any hissing from fuel tank before even when very low of gas but I guess I wasn't listening for it.

Any ideas ??

Edited by DelbertW

Hi Porchester

The re-programming was done by a UK based company DMS Automotive, and they have a good reputation over here.

Here are some of the publications they have been reviewed in http://www.dmsautomotive.com/index.asp?upid=4

I had my 997C2 chipped by them and ran it for 18000 miles no problem. Several OPC's use them. I am awaiting a call from their MD today.

Car is fine with full fuel tank at moment !!

I will let you know the cause.

Hi DelbertW........and hi to London Proper :D

Waow 18000 miles without any problems is definitely reassuring. I checked DMS site, and indeed they look like a professional company, but I was little surprised to see no chip applications for the 997 series. I just installed the GIAC software, the company has the reputation to have one of the best chip applications software for Porsche...

http://www.giacusa.com/about.php

keep us updated on your fuel starvation situation

Cheers

Porschester

How much did it cost ?

£528 inc tax. This was a discounted price as member of Porsche Club GB. two of us had it done + I had already had one before.

Cheers

DelbertW

I had my ECU re-programmed by DMS, who claim 20-23bhp increase on a C2S and not long afterwards the car would misfire at low revs, particularly if your in a high gear. Did you by any chance have your car on a rolling road first to check the bhp and then after the ECU was re-programmed. Anyway, I need to speak with Mike at DMS and get him to check to see if the ECU is still as expected as I recently had my first service and it doesn't feel right for some reason. It's quite normal to hear a hissing from the filler neck when you remove the cap and the fuel level is low.

Edited by ResB

Hi ResB

Haven't checked on rolling road but the car is significantly more responsive mid range.

The car has been struggling this week to idle regardless of fuel and been lumpy.

Martin came over from DMS this morning and found a checksum error in the file, sent it to Rob to check and the fault was at end of file.

All sorted now. Car starts,runs and idles fine.

Hopefully no more problems.

I am sure Mike will sort you out if you call him. They have been excellent through all this.

Cheers

DelbertW