Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

rear lid/'door' does not open when using the interior button

hi, I have (another) problem with my cayenne turbo '03. The button for the rear lid (next to the fuel lid opener button) in the drivers door doesn't work. I have checked the switch and it is fine. When I use my remote, the lid opens so the motor is fine as well. When I pull the switch, I hear a small click in the fuse box. Not quite sure what to do next, any hints/ideas??

Thanks, frank.

• 2 weeks later...
hi, I have (another) problem with my cayenne turbo '03. The button for the rear lid (next to the fuel lid opener button) in the drivers door doesn't work. I have checked the switch and it is fine. When I use my remote, the lid opens so the motor is fine as well. When I pull the switch, I hear a small click in the fuse box. Not quite sure what to do next, any hints/ideas??

Thanks, frank.

How do you know the switch is ok? it might be that lower driver side switch i assume your CTT isnt under warranty?

Guys, thanks for the replies.

I checked the button by exchanging it with the fuel cap button and this did not change a thing.

Must admit that I had 1 door open and the engine was not running. I will check it this weekend (when I am at home) whether it works with an running engine.

Thanks a lot

• 3 weeks later...

Uhm that button isn't supposed to open anything. Its not like the button on the remote where you hold it down and pops open the glass. The button only unlocks the rear glass, you still have to walk to the rear and open it from there. The whole existence of that button doesn't make much sense.

• 8 months later...
Uhm that button isn't supposed to open anything. Its not like the button on the remote where you hold it down and pops open the glass. The button only unlocks the rear glass, you still have to walk to the rear and open it from there. The whole existence of that button doesn't make much sense.

I was having the exact same symptoms as the thread starter, and I just went out and played around with the functions and the rear lid switch unlocked the glass panel when the doors were locked and key in the ignition, tho not running. Just some added info.

Edited by DirectLA