Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

GT3 Brake Pads

Flash1034

What brake pads are you guys using to replace the dusty squealy stocker pads for the steel brakes. The car sees 3 track days a year (maybe) and plenty of spirited street driving. Is there a hot ticket for less dust and no squeal?

Thanks,

Flash

• Moderators

Hi Flash.... Well, this is a subject that has been adressed time and again. You may find a lot of information with the search function. But, I'll share my own experience with you. All of my recent experience is with various Pagid models on steel brakes. They make the stock pads for GT3s and are the most often seen brand at the race track. In general, more agressive pads (higher coefficient of friction/higher heat tolerance) make even more noise than factory supplied street pads. Another generalization: quieter pads are softer and will produce even more dust. Bottom line, high performance steel brakes just make some (more or less) noise and make some dust. I have the factory supplied pads in my GT3 now for the street. They are actually an excellent compromise of noise/dust/stopping. Many have run those same pads on the track a few times a year with fine results.

I bought a set of Pagid RS-19 pads to swap in for track days. They howl like a frickin wolf but work quite well and don't dust at all. I have one more track day in November and will enjoy putting my OEM pads back in, as the little bit of squealing that comes from them never bothered me in the slighttest. The OEM pads are not quiet, but there really isn't any such thing as truly quiet, effective brakes that last a reasonable amount of time. I think Porsche/Pagid have found a very good balance in the OEM yellow compound on my GT3. i.e. Flash, don't expect to find pads that improve your current dusty squealy OEM pads.

Edited by mxdave74

• 3 months later...