Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Gt3 Side Skirts For My98-01

I recently received some GT3 side skirts from Suncoast Porsche but part number stamped in skirt is different than on invoice. What are the corretc numbers for left and right skirts for these MY 98-01 996? They listed 996 559 981 01 g2x but what is stamped is 996 559 980 01 (and I got 2 of the driver side to boot!!)

JimD

Edited by CO996C4

The part number should be 000 044 802 05 for 02- on .....and 000 044 801 54 for 98-01. HOWEVER, the newer skirts WILL fit the 98-01 and look very good I might add. One is attached with clips (02 on) and one is attached with drilling, epoxy, etc. (98-01).

I just had skirts installed and have a 00MY and reeceived the 02 on skirts. Looks great.

Front bumper is a different story. You need the model year (98-01 or 02on) to match. My GT3 front is 996 505 980 02 (98-01). I am not sure about the 02on.

Hope this helps.

Dell

• Admin
:huh: While we are at it what might the part number be for the front bumper for same MY GT3 ? ( I ordered one of those to0!)

Jim

For a MY99 - MY01 GT3 front bumper you will need:

996 505 980 02 G2X Front spoiler, primed finish 1ea

996 505 986 00 Spoiler lip 1ea

999 507 427 40 Expanding rivet; 16.0 mm, 8 mm long for spoiler lip 11ea

Lucky I mentioned this I would not have had all the accessory parts listed!!

Bumper part number has been changed apparently to 996 505 980 03 G2X (which is what this bumper is) otherwise all else fine. Probably lucky they sent me a wrong side skirt otherwise I would have never inquired! Thanks again!

JimD

:cheers:

Did I do something wrong then? I just had the GT3 front put on my MY00 but do not recall anything about a front lip or expanding rivets. I guess I need to order that seperately? Is it a piece that is painted as well? Maybe a picture of it would help if anybody has that?

Dell

:P Mine is already black so if it is a good quality flat black I also will leave it!

Looks great! Also can you "cut out " that center piece for the third cooler?

Jim

Edited by CO996C4

CO996, Yes you can "cut-out". The middle section default is filled in. Just have to cut out if you do the 3rd radiator.

LOREN, do you have a part number for the lip and rivets? Is it a kit or seperate pieces. Something I can install seperately myself since the GT3 is already on? (Better question is should it have come with the GT3 front or is it a seperate piece you have to ask for?)

Dell

Edited by LVDell

Loren,

Does your car have the black plastic "air guides" that normally sit behind a standard front bumper? I'm replacing my damaged std '99 front bumper with the GT3 one and I'm wondering whether there's any point replacing the cracked air guides or just leaving them out. The middle section of the new GT3 bumper won't be cut out if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

• Admin
Loren,

Does your car have the black plastic "air guides" that normally sit behind a standard front bumper? I'm replacing my damaged std '99 front bumper with the GT3 one and I'm wondering whether there's any point replacing the cracked air guides or just leaving them out. The middle section of the new GT3 bumper won't be cut out if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Yes. Have a look at the pics in the 3rd radiator DIY.