Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Strosek Rear Spoiler ?

Has anyone here installed a Strosek rear wing (AV 52) on their car? I searched here for any posts but didn't see anything in the 986 forums...

I got one a few days ago for next to nothing and just wanted to know if anyone has had issues with them.

They look a little feeble around the mounting area... and I think after a few good bumps it could easily crack apart.

Anyone installed one? And if so do you have pictures of it on the car ( retracted, not up ).

Strosek rear spoiler

post-23680-1196707704_thumb.jpg

post-23680-1196707725_thumb.jpg

Has anyone here installed a Strosek rear wing (AV 52) on their car? I searched here for any posts but didn't see anything in the 986 forums...

I got one a few days ago for next to nothing and just wanted to know if anyone has had issues with them.

They look a little feeble around the mounting area... and I think after a few good bumps it could easily crack apart.

Anyone installed one? And if so do you have pictures of it on the car ( retracted, not up ).

Is that on a 986 ?

Looks completely different from mine. Mine hangs over the bumper more, and does not fit down on the to the lift arms as much.

I'm thinking of maybe just using this one to create my own mold and make it so it fits better and has more support.

Below are few pictures, and yes my car is dirty ( illegal to wash cars right now ) and who ever painted the spoiler "to match", looks like they used a buzz bomb. I'll need to get it repainted once I have my garage set back up.

WING1.jpg

WING2.jpg

WING3.jpg

Yes cofeesucker, those r on a 986

hey what happened to ur tail lights ? aren't those ur old ones?

Is that on a 986 ?

Looks completely different from mine. Mine hangs over the bumper more, and does not fit down on the to the lift arms as much.

I'm thinking of maybe just using this one to create my own mold and make it so it fits better and has more support.

Below are few pictures, and yes my car is dirty ( illegal to wash cars right now ) and who ever painted the spoiler "to match", looks like they used a buzz bomb. I'll need to get it repainted once I have my garage set back up.

WING1.jpg

WING2.jpg

WING3.jpg

Those are the same tail lights I have had since I got the car.

Been meaning to buy some newer ones, just not sure which way to go...

was watching your thread on the different styles to see which ones I wanted to get, because I cant stand the orange color on them.

Was that picture of the strosek you posted from a car you owned or just stock photos from somewhere?

trying to get some ideas on these things. I think I might make a few after I redo this one and make a mold from it and try sell if there is a market out there for them.

My bad! I got u confused w/ caffein strip.

both of pix r from strosek designs in fact! I like what u got now but I',m just worried they look so fragile, if they actually gonna help drifting,,,

what is ur opinion on my tail light post?

Those are the same tail lights I have had since I got the car.

Been meaning to buy some newer ones, just not sure which way to go...

was watching your thread on the different styles to see which ones I wanted to get, because I cant stand the orange color on them.

Was that picture of the strosek you posted from a car you owned or just stock photos from somewhere?

trying to get some ideas on these things. I think I might make a few after I redo this one and make a mold from it and try sell if there is a market out there for them.

Edited by juniinc

That's why Im going to just take this one and build it up like I want and make a mold from it, and make my own.

I used to high end auto body and custom work and boat building, so fiberglass is no stranger to me.

once I get the new one built I'll post pictures. If you want one I'll make an extra for you.

I'm going to make sure it has more support then the way it's made now that for **** sure.

I'll post over in your tail light thread once I get home from work. :)

how much would you charge me for a subwoofer box - molded between 2 seats.

that is what I want for 1 -10" sub

That's why Im going to just take this one and build it up like I want and make a mold from it, and make my own.

I used to high end auto body and custom work and boat building, so fiberglass is no stranger to me.

once I get the new one built I'll post pictures. If you want one I'll make an extra for you.

I'm going to make sure it has more support then the way it's made now that for **** sure.

I'll post over in your tail light thread once I get home from work. :)