Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Please help me out.......2005 C2S Price check?

Hello room!

I just joined the forum and it's great to be here. I just bought a new toy, it's a 2005 Carrera S with composite ceramic breaks with AWE exhaust, headers and cat system was installed plus Evolution Motorsport Supercharger. It has 17k miles and I paid $64k plus tax. I would like to know if I over paid for this toy? Thanks for all your reply! :)

post-27293-1201745141_thumb.jpg

post-27293-1201745293_thumb.jpg

Edited by giahan

Hello room!

I just joined the forum anh it's great to be here. I just bought a new toy, it's a 2005 Carrera S with composite ceramic breaks and AWE Exhaust, headers and cat system was installed plus Evolution Motorsport Supercharger. It has 17k miles on it and I paid $64k plus tax. I would like to know if I over paid for this toy? Thanks for all your reply! :)

Nice find and congrats. Price seems pretty good. What state are you in and did you have to pass a smog testing upon registration? How do you like the EVO SC so far?

Giahan,

You got a great deal! I'm in Pasadena in So Cal and they are typically 4 or 5k more than that for an 05 with that low milage. Plus you got the Ceramic brakes and all the exhaust goodies.(that is at least 4k).

Congrats on the car. What a beauty! I'm looking to buy the same car next year to replace my 996.

Enjoy it!

Phillipj

Giahan,

You got a great deal! I'm in Pasadena in So Cal and they are typically 4 or 5k more than that for an 05 with that low milage. Plus you got the Ceramic brakes and all the exhaust goodies.(that is at least 4k).

Let me get this straight... It's supercharged? That's like a 25k plus mod!!! Maybe they had to sell it cheap because the supercharger would void the warranty.

Congrats on the car. What a beauty! It mus be reallllllllyyyy fast! I'm looking to buy a similar 05 s car next year to replace my 996.

Enjoy it!

Phillipj

Hi Summoboy, I’m in San Jose, Cali…..as far as registration, no smoke test is needed. I guest because it has low miles. For the performance of the EVO SC, it’s awesome… :rolleyes: lot of torque at low end. Even though that I haven’t got a change to test drive a reg. 997S, but I used to have a 1999 M3 and my last car was Mer. E500. Compare them to this baby, they are far behind! I just can’t resist to walk away without taking this baby home with me right after my first test drive. Great experience and very fun to drive, I just love it. :)

You are 100% right Phillipj, I did checked with local Porsche Dealership and they confirm that the after market SC completely void the warranty of the engine. And sure this baby is super fast but I don’t have a gut to push it to the limit yet. With 500 HP under the lid right now, I don’t know if this car’s components could handle such force! I'll post some of the engine's pic. later!

Edited by giahan

Hello room!

I just joined the forum anh it's great to be here. I just bought a new toy, it's a 2005 Carrera S with composite ceramic breaks and AWE Exhaust, headers and cat system was installed plus Evolution Motorsport Supercharger. It has 17k miles on it and I paid $64k plus tax. I would like to know if I over paid for this toy? Thanks for all your reply! :)

I think the price was fair, but why worry about it now?? It's a done deal..enjoy it in good health :)

Dave

Hello room!

I think the price was fair, but why worry about it now?? It's a done deal..enjoy it in good health :)

Dave

Hello Giahan. I'm am in the Los Angeles area. I'm not sure the dealer provided a smog certificate when I first bought the car, but I do know that here in Kalifornia that you will at some point have to smog check your car as I will mine. I think both cars will pass the emission part, but not the visual check part - so we'll figure that out somehow..??

Also, although an SC may void part of the warranty (extended or original), I think it has to be proved the the SC caused something to fail that you are making a claim on.. We'll see it that happens - hopefully though we won't need to worry about that.

On another note have you dyno'd your car to see what the RWHP and RWTQ are? I will do mine shortly.

It’s great to hear from you Summoboy. Where I live they don’t have any shop which can do dyno, I would have to drive all the way up to San Francisco area if I want to have this done which I don’t plan to do. But a few weeks ago, I did test drive a 06’s 997TT. I didn’t feel any different in the acceleration, thus I’m very happy with my ride right now. :D Very soon our cars will look alike. I just order a Misha911 GT2M wing….. and can’t wait to put it on! :rolleyes:

It’s great to hear from you Summoboy. Where I live they don’t have any shop which can do dyno, I would have to drive all the way up to San Francisco area if I want to have this done which I don’t plan to do. But a few weeks ago, I did test drive a 06’s 997TT. I didn’t feel any different in the acceleration, thus I’m very happy with my ride right now. :D Very soon our cars will look alike. I just order a Misha911 GT2M wing….. and can’t wait to put it on! :rolleyes:

Excellent. Post some new pics when you can...

Giahan, if you're looking for an AWD dyno location in the south bay area, Streetwerke in Palo Alto is an excellent shop that works on german cars. As a lot of their customers are Audi quattro owners, they do have an AWD dyno: http://www.streetwerke.com/dyno.html

Maybe a few people could get together and schedule some time on their dyno, with some sort of a discount.