Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cat Bypass Pipes (GMP or Fabspeed?)

• 1 month later...

I installed the Fabspeed pipes ($600) and then had my chip reprogrammed by UpSolute ($750). Wow, what a deal. I would highly suggest these mods to anyone. Danny at P3Automotive in Dayton was awesome. I VERY happy with the result. A very noticable difference in power.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should get the FabSpeed or GMP 2nd Cat Bypass Pipes for my Cayenne Turbo?

fabspeeds

I have a set if you are interested (used 2 months)

probably too late, but do you still have those fabspeed bypass pipes?

I ordered and insalled the FabSpeed pipes last month and was very happy with them. Call around and you should be able to get them for around $600. I ordered them through a local shop.

The install is very straight forward except the top bolt on the passenger side. You have to have one perosn use a (approx) 5 foot socket extension to turn the bolt while another person directs the socket onto the bolt and then holds the bolt with another socket. The other five bolts will take you 20 minutes and the last one will take another 20 minutes.

All in all it wasn't a bad job at all. I suggest the upgrade and was impressed with the quality of the pipes.....polished stainless steel. Very nice and great fit.

Matt

They sound very good......like the vehicle should have sounded from the factory. However, I would not call them loud. You'll notice the difference but doubtful that someone else would not. At wide open throttle, it's definetly louder though. In my opinion, they're just load enough. At normal driving, you won't notice a difference at all. I like them and thought it was WELL worth the price and time to install. Note, my experience is with a Turbo. I would assume a NA would be louder if that's what you have (wasn't sure).

Take care,

Matt

I just installed the EVO MS Air Intake kit on my 2005 CS. Had to cut one end of the hoses a little to smooth out the bends. Also in the instructions they forget to tell you to remove the air boxes from the snorkels before taking them out, still, no big problem. Satisfaction overall? Very satisfied! It completely eliminates the 5th and 6th gear hesitation. Kick down is immediate and at 60MPH you will go down to 4th. It holds its gear a little longer under hard acceleration - note: I have PASM and usually drive it in Sport Mode. From 4000 RPM and higher the sound can only be described as a deep V8 growl that grows into a loud HOWL as you accelerate. More power? I feel more power from about 4000 RPM, and 85MPH comes up much quicker. I had my wife drive it and she wanted to know what I did to give it so much of a boost. Next mod will be the cat bypass pipes. I will follow-up with results.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fabspeed pipes on order but tonight I decided to remove the exhaust clamps between the 2nd cat and the muffler. Sounds awesome at idle but a little too nasty going down the road. Am thinking that after the bypass pipes maybe some straight through resonators might be all that is needed for a nice aggressive sound. I really can't stand the wimpy minivan-esque exhaust. Without the rear muffler you can almost hear the Porsche in the motor... there has got to be a sane way to unleash the beast.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my cat bypass pipes from BB Exhaust. I was shocked! These stainless steel pipes come in 3 sections: eliminates the secondary cats and goes all the way to the mufflers . . . for a bit less than any other brand of cat bypass pipes you see advertised.

If you're wanting quality and a product worth every cent you spent, look at BB exhaust.

I'll be installing them sometime next weekend. I'll pick up a couple of copper gaskets first.

I have fabspeed pipes on order but tonight I decided to remove the exhaust clamps between the 2nd cat and the muffler. Sounds awesome at idle but a little too nasty going down the road. Am thinking that after the bypass pipes maybe some straight through resonators might be all that is needed for a nice aggressive sound. I really can't stand the wimpy minivan-esque exhaust. Without the rear muffler you can almost hear the Porsche in the motor... there has got to be a sane way to unleash the beast.

Agreed - recently had my mechanic install a supersprint muffler and he said it sounded much better without any muffler...I am designing a set of straight pipes for it now...

JR

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

There was a thread a couple years back discussing how Bypass Cat Pipes actually decreased the hp and trq for TT's, is that still the consensus now in 2008? Does anyone have any dyno's or data showing that there is improvement? I'm still on the fence if I should pull the trigger on Fabspeed Bypass pipes for my 06 tt. Thanks guys!!

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is a little old, but I have had my TT for about 36 hrs now and would love to hear all that HP being represented but I dont want to loose performance or HP for sound. So is the arugument still holding true cat bypass is for normally aspirated and not for Turbos. I have a 04 TT with 41k.

Thanks