Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2005 Boxster S roof

Well it was the first sunny day of the year and thought i'd take the car out for a spin. As the sun was out and it was kinda warm i put the roof down. This operated as it should have, open the latch, windows come down slightly then everything else follows. On returning home put the roof up and then it started.

Pressed the button to start the roof off, at this point the windows should come down slighty but don't. Sat in the drive for ten minutes operating the roof and eventually it came good and started working, But...... went out agin a couple of days latter and now it wont close properly at all. Anyone suffered this before or have any ideas of a fix.

Thanks

Paul

Well it was the first sunny day of the year and thought i'd take the car out for a spin. As the sun was out and it was kinda warm i put the roof down. This operated as it should have, open the latch, windows come down slightly then everything else follows. On returning home put the roof up and then it started.

Pressed the button to start the roof off, at this point the windows should come down slighty but don't. Sat in the drive for ten minutes operating the roof and eventually it came good and started working, But...... went out agin a couple of days latter and now it wont close properly at all. Anyone suffered this before or have any ideas of a fix.

Thanks

Paul

Paul:

Please explain in more detail what you mean by "now it won't close properly at all".

Regards, Maurice.

Maurice

When i press the button to make the roof come up the windows dont move down, i get the indication on the dash saying roof closing and here a relay clicking but no window movement

but also i used to be able to have the roof half open to clean etc then i could close it but now it has to travel 100% open or 100% closed.

Maurice

When i press the button to make the roof come up the windows dont move down, i get the indication on the dash saying roof closing and here a relay clicking but no window movement

but also i used to be able to have the roof half open to clean etc then i could close it but now it has to travel 100% open or 100% closed.

Paul:

I am not sure about how it works on a 987, but on a 986, when the roof is closed and latched, the windows will move down by about 3 to 4 inches when you first pull the latch open (i.e., before you even touch the dashboard switch). If the 987 works the same way as the 986, then you may have a faulty microswitch inside the latch receptacle.

After you unlatch your top, if the windows don't go down those 3 or 4 inches, poke your finger in and out of the depression where the latch normally locks into and see if that has any effect on your windows.

Perhaps someone else here can confirm whether the 987 is similar to the 986 in this respect.

Regards, Maurice.

• 11 years later...