Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help with 987 Factory Seats - Lumbar Support

Hello, I'm new to Porsche and the forum. About 6 weeks ago, I purchased a new 2007 Boster. I have 1800 miles on it and love the car with one exception. Within 10 minutes of driving, my lower back is in such pain. There is not enough lumbar support. I've tried various things such as towels and cushions, but nothing seems to work. I've thought about aftermarket seats, however the airbag issue, as well as loss of the heated seat option is holding me back somewhat. I know heated seats can be had in Recaro, etc, but that would make it a much too costly endeavor. Does anyone have any recommendations?? I did have a chance to sit in an older style Recaro (FXL or something like that) today, and I noticed a huge difference in comfort right away.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Edited by Tele

Hello, I'm new to Porsche and the forum. About 6 weeks ago, I purchased a new 2007 Boster. I have 1800 miles on it and love the car with one exception. Within 10 minutes of driving, my lower back is in such pain. There is not enough lumbar support. I've tried various things such as towels and cushions, but nothing seems to work. I've thought about aftermarket seats, however the airbag issue, as well as loss of the heated seat option is holding me back somewhat. I know heated seats can be had in Recaro, etc, but that would make it a much too costly endeavor. Does anyone have any recommendations?? I did have a chance to sit in an older style Recaro (FXL or something like that) today, and I noticed a huge difference in comfort right away.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Before replacing the seat, I would try changing the seat adjustment significantly. Sometimes its the way you hold your arms or brace your body that causes back pain. Try something really different like leaning the seat back or maybe make it more vertical. Don't forget about seat height adjustment and steering wheel adjustments. Just move around and you may find comfort at no cost!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the feedback - I'll give both a try!!

I recently saw something interesting with regard to that.

Send me an e-mail and I will put you in touch with the guy who made a bladder for just that

Daniel

How tall are you? I am 6'5" and any driving over 5 hours is a bit uncomfortable for me as well.....I try to stop and stretch after every couple of hours if I am on a road trip.