Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

to rms or not

Hello Roy,

yes I did end up replacing the front pump, it was damaged beyond repair. got it from zf dealer in Burlinggame California.

Go to ZF website and look for dealers like Ericksson or try this link to locate a dealer in Canada ZF Transmission Dealers

had to have the TC rebuilt, try Ericksson first for all parts needed, compare that with JAGGI IMPORT EXPORT JAGGI

these guys can sell you the needed parts, not as a whole kit, some dealers only sell the whole kit which IMHO waste

of money.

As far as the Part List and that is from memory, starting from the outside in ( sorry you have to work on looking up

the part #s (critical)

1. Bell Housing screews with washers ( qty 9 screws & 9 washers ) very important. do not use the old ones

2. Oil pan gasket and filter

3. Transmission Fluid ( the most expensive of all the parts, you do need around 9 qts )

4. one you remove the valvebody (be gentle with it) the wire harness have 2 white washers.

5. differential Oil

6. 5 or 6 cylinderical rubber hoses about 1.5-2" in length ( you have to move out )

7. once you get the Front Pump housing out of transmisson there is a BIG O-RING ( at least 11" in diameter or so )

8. Front Pump

9. Coolant ( you will lose some )

10. time, time, and more time

11. and most importantly PATIENCE

Thank you very much! I'll look in to those suppliers. Regarding the torque converter removal I see you eventually went the BFH route...I was under the impression you simply push it inwards first to unlock it from the locating dowel and then pull it out, any thought on that? Cheers.

since the bushing got a hold of the t/c hub, somehow t/c would not come out.

I believe the lock washer had something to do with it being stuck, I tried everything

less aggressive to pull it out to no avail. What is going on with your Transmission?

would help if you have some pix

I've got a substantial leak of transmission oil right between the engine and transmission bellhousings dripping out at the bottom in the middle. This is a higher mileage Boxster and from my research this seems typical of a failed oil pump/bushing/seal. I am exploring options of repairing or replacement. I have found a local guy with a tiptronic out of a later 3.2 'S' with verified low miles at a great price. I posted elsewhere wondering if it would work with the correct TCU but I have not seen any responses yet. Any ideas if that trans would work?

have you verified that it is a transmission fluid vs engine oil , you know it could be IMS or RMS issue.

If it is transmission fluid. Lets hope its only the seal. IMHO bushing and front pump damage its not

easy to do unless you drive very had with lots of gear changes, specially down shifts, my experience

is I used to downshift to help in breaking, even to first gear from I believe 35 mph or so, that might had

something to do with spining out the bushing, you never know.

using 3.2 S transmssion, can you get the green tag information and verify if it is an A86/?? transmission.

Yep, definitely transmission fluid. I just changed it 3 months ago with the proper Esso/Mobil LT fluid so I am very familiar with its color and smell. Regarding the transmission I can get it's an A86.20 out of a 3.2 'S'. Will come with the TCU but is it all plug'n'play?

then I would think that you should be able to use the transmission, the manual I have mention the A86/00 and A86/05

as you can see its just probably a model # but I'm sure everything is the same. the only thing I can think of different

is the programming. and I would try both the original ecu and the one you can get with transmission. PM me on what

you're going to do with old transmission. I you need any other help PM as well

most importantly do further research

take a look at this link from Pelican parts for more info transmission info by model & year

Edited by xflyboyx