Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can the Boxster Top set to Open Manually ?

:welcome:

I have one question :- Could we have the Convertible Top set to Manual ???

By taking off the Black hydraulic pushrod part #12 (by un-clip the pin), and the white (or red) plastic cup is located on the forward end of part #3.

The Convertible Top Frame can be secure with Top Lock Microswitch,

However the clamshell is a bit tricky --> how to secure it :oops:

With the electric mode, the clamshell is secure by the Black Hydraulic Pushrod, But Manual ????

:help: needed ... anyone have any ideas ??? Thank you, I intend to manually open my convertible top as the Electric Mode give me lots of headache :soapbox:

Appreciate any help ...

:thumbup:

post-11128-1205727177_thumb.jpg

:welcome:

I have one question :- Could we have the Convertible Top set to Manual ???

By taking off the Black hydraulic pushrod part #12 (by un-clip the pin), and the white (or red) plastic cup is located on the forward end of part #3.

The Convertible Top Frame can be secure with Top Lock Microswitch,

However the clamshell is a bit tricky --> how to secure it :oops:

With the electric mode, the clamshell is secure by the Black Hydraulic Pushrod, But Manual ????

:help: needed ... anyone have any ideas ??? Thank you, I intend to manually open my convertible top as the Electric Mode give me lots of headache :soapbox:

Appreciate any help ...

:thumbup:

GTO:

I think that your best bet would be to keep the clamshell operating electrically, with the Black Hydraulic pushrods attached and the white (or red) plastic cups disconnected.

If you ride around with everything disconnected, you run the risk of having the clamshell and/or the canvas top "catching air" at high speed after a slight bounce and the results could be disastrous in more than one way.

If you do decide to operate your top in the "1/2 electric, 1/2 manual" mode, make sure that you remove the front connecting arms or pushrods [the ones with the white (or red) ball cups at the end] completely off the V-levers. If you don't remove them, you will run the risk of tearing the foam liner drain pans when the V-lever spins and the arms will get imbedded in the foam liner. Then you will have a water problem whenever it rains or you wash the car.

I am curious to know what kind of problems your top is giving you that is leading you to want to get rid of the electric feature altogether. Once you have it working properly, it works pretty reliably if you maintain it and lubricate it occasionally.

Regards, Maurice.

Edited by 1schoir

Hi, TQ for the feedback.

The electric mode Top is keep giving me problems, at first, it is the open un-evenly problem.

After the Weekend DIY, check on the cable things, I have DIY for the cable to 3/4' sticky out.

For a while, the top was operated well in electric mode --> was Happy :thumbup:

Then out of the blue, after I un-latch the microswitch, & press the buttom --> Nothing happens, the clamshell do not go up. Hand brake light is on. It just die off on me, quite :censored: & blur .. :cursing: ...

So thinking of other alternative to set the top in manual mode, or more like "1/2 electric, 1/2 manual" mode ...

But first I need to fit the Black Hydraulic pushrods .... to operated in elctric mode ... :(

Will feedback the result over the Weekend DIY ...

Appreciate all feedback ...

Edited by gto3000

Hi, TQ for the feedback.

The electric mode Top is keep giving me problems, at first, it is the open un-evenly problem.

After the Weekend DIY, check on the cable things, I have DIY for the cable to 3/4' sticky out.

For a while, the top was operated well in electric mode --> was Happy :thumbup:

Then out of the blue, after I un-latch the microswitch, & press the buttom --> Nothing happens, the clamshell do not go up. Hand brake light is on. It just die off on me, quite :censored: & blur .. :cursing: ...

So thinking of other alternative to set the top in manual mode, or more like "1/2 electric, 1/2 manual" mode ...

But first I need to fit the Black Hydraulic pushrods .... to operated in elctric mode ... :(

Will feedback the result over the Weekend DIY ...

Appreciate all feedback ...

GTO:

If you want to troubleshoot the electrical components, there is a document that can guide you through it if you have a voltmeter. Do a search in the Convertible Top section on this Forum, and you can download it. It will help you isolate the cause of your top "dying off on you".

If I find it, I will post the link.

Regards, Maurice.

Wa Hoo ... :clapping: :cheers:

Finally with the Informations I get from the helpful forums, I manage to get my Top work wonderfully in Electric Mode.

Keep :beer: finger cross ....

Thank you all for the wonderful help & information ... I salute to all ... :notworthy:

With the Helpful Information I get on Title : Conv top R&R, The Saga Of One Messed Up Top & How to manually lowering convertible top ...

:drive: safe & smile on your face ... :lol:

Edited by gto3000

:clapping:

Wa Hoo ... :clapping: :cheers:

Finally with the Informations I get from the helpful forums, I manage to get my Top work wonderfully in Electric Mode.

Keep :beer: finger cross ....

Thank you all for the wonderful help & information ... I salute to all ... :notworthy:

With the Helpful Information I get on Title : Conv top R&R, The Saga Of One Messed Up Top & How to manually lowering convertible top ...

:drive: safe & smile on your face ... :lol:

GTO:

Way to go! And a very lively and well illustrated post to boot! :clapping:

Regards, Maurice.