Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996TT MAF Failure

Mine looked exactly like new...only an electrical test could tell. MAFs fail all the time...reasons are usually related to changing intake, filter, oily filter. Mine died as a result of using the V-flow. Since I went to the Sportec, I have not lost a MAF. Fried MAFs will throw codes (you will typically get ABS, PCM...then a CEL)

• 4 weeks later...
Mine looked exactly like new...only an electrical test could tell. MAFs fail all the time...reasons are usually related to changing intake, filter, oily filter. Mine died as a result of using the V-flow. Since I went to the Sportec, I have not lost a MAF. Fried MAFs will throw codes (you will typically get ABS, PCM...then a CEL)

my maf sensor seems to have gone after use of a k and n air filter upon examination it looks like new even cleaned it but still the same fault codes p0102 and abs ect ordered new sensor my question is once i install new sensor do i need to reset anything on car like disconnecting battery clear fault codes?? thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, you will need to reset the codes. You can do this with PST2, PIWIS, durametric or as you say disconnect the battery for ~10 minutes.

I installed a new maf sensor and disconnected the battery for 10 min it seemed to work fine for awhile until soon after when id go and start my 996TT that the minute I put it into drive the ABS PCM lights would go on - I finally reinstalled the tuned software I purchased from fvd.Us and it cleared it out for good -- my only question is now it seems to lack the initial power and seems a little hesitant im wondering if I need to do anything else to the new maf sensor or if after driving the Car with the ABS and PCM? lights I fouled the spark plugs???? thanks for any help

Edited by Loren
Reformated ALL CAPS post

I installed a new maf sensor and disconnected the battery for 10 min it seemed to work fine for awhile until soon after when id go and start my 996TT that the minute I put it into drive the ABS PCM lights would go on - I finally reinstalled the tuned software I purchased from fvd.Us and it cleared it out for good -- my only question is now it seems to lack the initial power and seems a little hesitant im wondering if I need to do anything else to the new maf sensor or if after driving the Car with the ABS and PCM? lights I fouled the spark plugs???? thanks for any help

Well...it could be a number of things. First, get the codes read. Second, make sure the MAF is installed correctly (it can be installed backwards). Make sure wires are OK. You say you have the K&N...can you use a dry filter? You could have blown the MAF again.... Driving the car with those codes (if they are truly MAF related) will not hurt the car...it essentially is in limp mode (and protects itself). Plugs more likely would explain problems with power throughout the band, not just initial. Of course you could have a problem with coil packs...that is why you need the codes read.

Edited by wross996TT